Coordinators ensure a pair of doors close in proper order for latching to occur.
Ives offers various accessories to ensure a door is hung, protected and secured. Coordinators work with a flush bolt to secure a door and ensure a pair of doors close in proper order for latching to occur.
The active door lever, located nearest to the active stop, holds the active door open until the trigger mechanism is released by the closing of the inactive leaf. This allows the proper door to close first, so that the door opening remains secure at all times. With many bar coordinators, filler bars, mounting brackets, gravity coordinators and carry bars, Ives has coordinator needs covered.
Features & Benefits
- Various coordinator lengths are offered for different opening widths and door sizes
- All coordinators meet ANSI A156.3 standards
- Special factory preparation for use with vertical rod exit devices
- All coordinator units are equipped with an adjustable override feature, which allows the active door to close under extreme pressure
Designs are listed below.
- Bar coordinator (COR): Designed for use on pairs of doors when one door needs to close before the other. All COR units function easily. The active door lever, located nearest to the active stop, holds the active door open until the trigger mechanism is released by the closing of the inactive leaf. All COR units do not function correctly with swing clear hinges.
- Carry bar (CBI): Used when the inactive door can possibly be opened before the active door. This prevents damage to the doors and other hardware. A nylon roller ensures quiet and efficient operation. The product is non-handed and includes standard sex bolts for mounting.
- Filler bars (FL): The COR Series does not cover the entire length of a stop, so an FL filler bar can be provided to maintain architecturally clean lines. The FL filler bars are available in three sizes for variable frame openings. The FL filler bars are field-sized to the frame opening.
- Mounting brackets (MB1 and MB2): These brackets allow stop-mounted hardware to be properly installed without damaging the COR coordinator, such as a parallel arm closer or a non-fire-rated surface vertical rod strike. Stop-mounted hardware will need to be lowered to compensate for the height of the coordinator and mounting bracket. Fire-rated mounting brackets (MB1F, MB2F, MB3F, MB1V, MB2V and MB3V) are also offered.
- Gravity coordinators (COR7G and COR9G): When the active door is open, the gravity coordinator prevents it from closing until the inactive door bypasses. The inactive door closing causes the strike plate on the top of the door to contract the cam and lift arm, allowing the active door to close. As the inactive door continues closing, a roller rides over the strike plate onto the door bracket and holding arm above the active door. While the product is non-handed, the gravity action arm and door bracket are also field adjustable for easy installation. The rubber roller provides quiet and efficient operation and helps protect the astragal and doors from damage. The nylon roller on the short arm glides smoothly over the door bracket and strike, ensuring silent operation.
- Ives offers various finishes for coordinators, including US28, US26D and 315AN.