AdvanTech® Subflooring & Sheathing
Total Performance Package
AdvanTech® Subflooring delivers the total performance package of moisture resistance, strength, fastener holding and quality. For starters, AdvanTech Subflooring has one of the lowest water absorption rates and eliminates headaches caused by edge swelling, delamination and cupping all backed by a 300-day no-sanding guarantee. For structural performance, AdvanTech Subflooring helps eliminate floor bounce and squeaks by delivering the highest certified design bending strength in the industry and the wood density needed to keep fasteners securely in place.
#1 Quality Brand Leader
Winner of Best Product of 2009 in Architectural Record and voted the #1 Quality Brand Leader by builders every year since 2002, AdvanTech Subflooring has become a staple for quality design and construction, offering unsurpassed water protection, strength and stiffness.
Manufactured to be Unique
The magic of AdvanTech® Subflooring and sheathing begins in the blender.
Through our unique blending process, AdvanTech Subflooring and sheathing achieves the lowest water absorption rate in the wood panel industry. This is accomplished by using more moisture-resistant resins throughout the oriented-strand-board (OSB) and increasing the density of the wood in the panels. Wax and resins are introduced to the individual wood strands during the blending process, protecting the panel throughand- through.
The Role of Resins and Resin Technology
Resins are a small, but vital, component in the engineering of oriented-strand-board (OSB) panels with regard to their moisture-resistive properties. The chemical bond formed from the reaction between moisture-resistant resins and water at the woods cellular structure provides deep and long-lasting moisture protection.
| Typical OSB Resin |
OSB uses formaldehyde-based resins which simply glue strands together with typical bonds, much like Velcro.® The resins and strands remain chemically the same after pressing.
| AdvanTech Resin |
Unlike typical OSB, the AdvanTech formulation utilizes a premium and high performing polyurethane-based resin as the primary resin type. The formulation creates a chemical bond, which is very strong and highly resistant to water.
AdvanTech® Subflooring Benefits
Superior Moisture Resistance
- Minimizes warping, cupping and edge swell, thereby offering a level and stable substrate for finished floor coverings
- Withstands long-term moisture exposure during and after construction
- Reduces callbacks for moisture-related issues
- Provides an excellent substrate for gypsum concrete applications
AdvanTech® Subflooring and Sheathing panels are warranted to not delaminate. In addition, the subflooring panels will not require sanding due to moisture absorption for up to 300 days after installation.
Superior Strength and Stiffness Properties
- Delivers outstanding bending strength, stiffness and fastener holding power, producing floors that are flat and minimizing issues with floor squeaks and bounce
- Minimizes finished floor problems due to movement
High Density and Fully-Sanded Smooth Surface
- Helps reduce the risk of cracking and weak spots in gypsum concrete underlayment
- Tough enough to tolerate abuse (i.e., drywall carts) and corridor traffic during construction
- Sanded on both sides to provide uniform thickness
- AdvanTech® Subflooring is fully sanded on both sides
Unmatched Quality and Consistency
- 24 oc span-rated panels meet higher, more rigorously tested design values set forth by the International Code Council (ICC) to maintain its ESR-1785
AdvanTech Subflooring and Sheathing panels are manufactured with design strength and design stiffness capacities beyond those required by PS-22, which is the voluntary standard that all other panels adhere to.
AdvanTech Subflooring offers the best warranty in the business a limited 50-year warranty that is transferable to every new owner.
Huber Engineered Woods
10925 David Taylor Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
Tel: (800) 933-9220
Fax: (704) 547-9228
Web site: http://www.huberarchitectlibrary.com