Model ETX Safety Electric Water Heater
The Hubbell model ETX Tankless electric water heater is a highly reliable and easily maintained heater designed for operation in a commercial or industrial application. The Hubbell ETX Tankless heater is compact, extremely efficient, takes up minimal space, and reduces operating costs. Hubbell's vast experience, meticulous engineering and advanced technology ensure that you can rely on the model ETX for your water heating needs in even the most demanding and critical applications. The Hubbell Tankless is the right choice for your tepid water requirements, as you will be providing your customer with a quality product that is long lasting, trouble-free and energy efficient.Heavy Duty Construction
- Constructed with high grade materials to ensure long operating life
- Simple to specify and easy to install and operate
- Factory packaged heater provides trouble-free installation and operation
- NEMA 4 construction standard
- Engineered for your specific application to ensure reliable operation
- Wide selection of sizes to meet the needs of even the most demanding application
- On demand heating eliminates costly and cumbersome storage tanks
- Instantaneous design reduces stand-by heat loss and significantly lowers operating costs compared to traditional storage systems
The Hubbell ETX Electric Tankless Water Heater provides high volume tepid water for safety drench systems with flow rates as high as 40 gpm. The heater contains high powered heating elements that heat water only when there is demand for tepid water. When tepid water is needed, a built in flow sensor measures the exact flow rate, and that data combined with temperature readings at the heater's inlet and outlet are processed by the electronic temperature controller. This data is continuously transmitted to the temperature controller, which constantly calculates the precise amount of power (kW) needed to achieve the desired temperature. A zero cross over firing signal is sent to the fast acting triacs in order to modulate the heating elements to the precise level needed to meet demand. The Hubbell ETX heater uses only as much power as is needed, while delivering accurate and consistent tepid water temperature.General SpecificationsTemperature Controller
A sophisticated electronic temperature controller with LED digital display provides the user interface. The temperature controller processes all flow and temperature data and calculates the precise amount of power needed to meet demand.Full Heater Modulation
Each heating element is switched on/off using a fast acting solid state triac with zero cross over firing control. This switching schema provides full modulation of each heating element, ensuring that the precise amount of heat is added to meet demand. To improve operating efficiency and component longevity, each triac is mounted to a heat sink located on the incoming supply piping so that heat generated by the triac during the switching process is dissipated into the water. Proper Power Integrity
All Hubbell tankless water heaters, including all 3 phase models, are engineered to operate as a balanced load and operate at 0.999 Power Factor. All Hubbell 3 phase models are designed for 3 wire (3 live, 1 ground) and 4 wire power systems and draw equal current across all conductors to maintain the power integrity of the users electrical system. Hubbell does not recommend the use of heaters that operate as an unbalanced load, as is common with staged heaters designed for star systems (3 live, 1 neutral, 1 ground) that require use of the neutral leg.Â All load switching in Hubbell tankless models is performed as zero cross over, eliminating phase angle firing interference and associated EMI issues. Full Resource Staging
The Hubbell tankless control schema ensures that usage is equalized across all heating circuits. To achieve this, once the controller has calculated the precise amount of kW required, all circuits are energized in a staggered fashion such that each circuit is proportionally and independently energized and then time staggered between circuits. This Full Resource Staging Schema reduces EMI output, increases component longevity, and provides highly accurate and consistent hot water temperatures.Â For three phase models, all circuits are fully modulated and synchronized to operate as a balanced load. Building Management Integration
Remote Control:Ability to remotely enable or inhibit the heating operation of the unit using one of the following two methods:Optional Equipment
1. Customer supplied 24VDC signal is user configured for either Inhibit Mode or Normal Operation Mode.
2. Customer supplied volt free contact is user configured for either Inhibit Mode or Normal Operation Mode.
Priority Control: An integrated SPDT potential free dry contact (NO/NC 10A @ 240VAC) energizes when the unit is heating and de-energizes when not heating. This feature is useful when it is desirable to give the water heater priority over another electrical load to ensure that both are not operational at the same time.
- Type 316L stainless steel heating chamber for added corrosion resistance.
- Special construction features. Please consult factory.
- Inlet and Outlet Valve assembly simplifies installation and includes unions, shut offs, check valve,drain ports and pressure relief valve.
- Heating chamber built to ASME Section VIII and "UM" stamped.
- NEMA 1 enclosure for general purpose locations
- Remote Control Display allows the heater to be installed in a remote location. The 3" x 5" NEMA 4 display enclosure can be located up to 250' from the heater and gives the operator full remote control and monitoring capabilities.
- Explosion resistant construction for installation in a hazardous location. Standard is class 1, Division 2, Group B. If application requires other please specify Class, Division and Group rating required.
- NEMA 4X enclosure, available in aluminum or stainless steel.
- Floor Mount Enclosure Option.
- Emergency stop button, located on control panel door.
- UL Listed Package
- Outdoor weather pacakge, for use in outdoor installations.
Please note: optional equipment may impact overall dimensions and weight. Please request submittal drawing from factory.