Greenstone Vermont Roof Slate
No other roofing material has the natural beauty and durability of slate!
Slate has been acclaimed for generations as the ultimate roofing material. This natural stone has the remarkable ability to be manufactured into thin tiles of uniform thickness. A slate roof simply has no equal in durability and natural beauty. Slate enhances the aesthetic design of nearly any building with its variety of rich natural slate colors and slate textures. There are many benefits to a slate roof from longevity and appearance to energy conservation.
Vermont slate is natures best slate!
From color to texture to durability, Vermont slate exhibits the best characteristics of slate. Slate is a metamorphic stone and is essentially laminated rock which is why it has the ability to be split into slate tiles. Visit greenstoneslate.com to learn more about the manufacturing process.
The geological conditions in the Vermont region when its slate was formed resulted in some of the world's strongest, highest density slate. In fact, Greenstone Slate comes with a 100-year warranty* a warranty that no other roofing material comes close to matching (*ask us for our detailed warranty statement).
Benefits of a slate roof over other roofing materials
- Slate is natural stone it is more durable than any man-made material, proven to be the 100-year roof.
- Fire resistant slate is completely non-combustible.
- Waterproof it will not absorb water.
- Weather resistant including withstanding damage from hail.
- Enhances building value with its aesthetic properties and long lifespan.
- Green product lowers net energy costs with its insulating capability and lasts many times longer that other roofing materials, potentially keeping four or five worn out asphalt roofs out of landfills.
- Requires little or no maintenance.
- Resistant to climatic/seasonal changes.
- Impervious to fungus and mold.
- Flush solar panel integration when installed using Nu-lok Roofing a lightweight slate roof installation system (see our Sweets product section for complete details on this innovative slate installation method).
- Independently tested and documented ask us for ASTM spec information and test results.
- Downloadable standard form for specifying slate (available on Sweets and Greenstoneslate.com)
Slate Roof Applications
- Schools and universities
- Government buildings
- All types of institutional structures where longevity is critical
The natural color and texture of slate creates a unique and beautiful roof. Greenstone Slate® is available in a variety of:
- Surface textures
- Roof textures
Visit our website for detailed information on the variety of Vermont slate colors available including large swatches and slate color combinations.
Slate outperforms all man-made roofing materials the 100-year roof making it the ideal green roofing solution
Advanced materials technology has generated some new roofing materials over the years, but slate remains the clear leader in creating the world's longest lasting and most trouble-free roofing material. It is a dense material that slowly and evenly stores heat and then releases it gradually, helping to stabilize interior temperatures. Termed as the 100-year natural roof, a slate roof potentially keeps four or five worn out asphalt roofs out of landfills. It is the standard by which all other roofing materials are compared.
Greenstone Slate® is Miami-Dade approved.
Greenstone Slate® has been tested and accepted in Miami-Dade County, Florida for use as a roofing material in all areas including hurricane zones.
The Greenstone Slate Company is dedicated to quality service and superior technical support
For more than half a century, we have built our reputation on product consistency, excellence in slate manufacturing, and expert technical back up of slate roofing contractors. We are always ready to help make the installation match the quality of the slate! We advise contractors on tried and true slate installation methods as well as the latest technology in slate installation materials and slate accessories.
Greenstone, a leader in crafting Vermont roofing slate, and has shipped product nationwide for residential and institutional slate projects. We invite architects, contractors, project managers and property owners to contact us with any question you might have about slate or to get a quote.
Greenstone Slate Company
325 Upper Road
PO Box 134
Poultney, VT 05764
Tel: (802) 287-4333
Fax: (802) 287-5720
Tollfree: (800) 619-4333
Web site: http://www.greenstoneslate.com