ToughRock® Mold-Guard™ Gypsum Board
Moisture-resistant gypsum board provides extra protection against mold and mildew compared to traditional paper-faced gypsum wallboard products in high humidity areas.
Available as 1/2" (12.7 mm) and 5/8" (15.9 mm) Type X (as defined in ASTM C1396). A Type X abuse-resistant board is also available.
This product scores a 10*, the highest level of performance for mold resistance under the ASTM D3273 test method.
- 5/8" (16.9mm) ToughRock® Fireguard X® Mold-Guard™ Gypsum Board and 5/8 (16.9 mm) ToughRock® Fireguard X® Mold-Guard™ Abuse-Resistant Gypsum Board have a Type X core (per ASTM C1396) and are UL classified Type X for use in a variety of fire-rated wood and steel-framed assemblies.
- ToughRock® Fireguard X® Mold-Guard™ Abuse-Resistant Gypsum Board meets requirements for abuse resistance when tested in accordance with ASTM C1629.
- Require no special tools for installation, board scores and snaps easily
- Has a noncombustible (as described and tested in accordance with ASTM E136), dimensionally stable gypsum core
- 100% recycled, green treated face paper and moisture-resistant core
- These products have achieved GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD GOLD Certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions into indoor air during product usage.
- Interior wall and ceiling drywall applications in high humidity areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, basements and laundry rooms. This board may be used in wet areas behind tile, such as tub and shower areas, when C1396, Section 7 is allowed by local building code in such applications.**
- With proper surface preparation, it will accommodate a variety of decorative treatments such as paint and wallpaper.
For design tools go to www.gpdesignstudio.com.
133 Peachtree St., 8th Fl.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Tel: (800) 225-6119
Web site: http://www.gpgypsum.com