ToughRock® Fireguard 45™ Gypsum Board
Increase Home Safety
- Homeowners rank fire as their highest natural disaster concern1
- Address home buyers concerns for fire safety by promoting that all walls in their home construction have increased fire resistance
- In third party testing, wall assemblies with 1/2" ToughRock Fireguard 45 Gypsum Board lasted longer than assemblies with 1/2" lightweight gypsum board2
Decrease Sound Travel through Walls
- ToughRock Fireguard 45 Gypsum Board lowers the transmission of sounds between rooms more effectively than competing lightweight 1/2" wallboard3.
- ToughRock Fireguard 45 Gypsum Board can replace standard and lightweight gypsum board in ALL 1/2" wall and ceiling assemblies, including 24" o.c. ceilings. Consult local codes for actual requirements
- Compared to traditional 5/8" Type X and 1/2" Type C fire-rated wallboards, ToughRock Fireguard 45 Gypsum Board is lighter in weight and less expensive
- UL classified, Type FG, for use in fire-rated wall assemblies
- Noncombustible, as described and tested in accordance with ASTM E136, dimensionally stable gypsum core sandwiched between face layers of 100% recycled paper
- Consult UL Fire Resistance Directory for specific fire-rated assemblies
- Thickness: 1/2"
- Widths: 4' and 54"
- Lengths: 8' to 16'
1 Source: 2014 GP Survey of Home Buyers (±6.7% reliability)
2 Source: RAL™ Sound Transmission Loss Test; Assemblies tested with 24 wood/steel stud walls
3 Source: WFCI Report #14083
133 Peachtree St., 8th Fl.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Tel: (800) 225-6119
Web site: http://www.gpgypsum.com