Dens® Fibreglass Mat Gypsum Panels
Georgia-Pacific Dens® Gypsum Boards
Leading the fibreglass mat gypsum board category for more than two decades, Dens®Brand interior and exterior products are the #1 architecturally-specified fibreglass mat gypsum panels.* Fibreglass mat gypsum panel technology, pioneered by Georgia-Pacific, has inspired fundamental changes in the types of gypsum panels specified for walls and roofing in commercial building assemblies.
Moisture-Resistant Gypsum Panels
Dens® gypsum panels with treated cores, and fibreglass mats instead of paper facings, are inherently moisture- and mould-resistant. The product family includes proven, moisture-tolerant solutions for both exterior and interior surfaces of the building enclosure, behind tile in wet areas, in shafts and stairwells and in commercial roofing systems.
- Fibreglass mat gypsum panels are moisture- and mould-resistant
- Product applications are ideal for health care facilities, schools and universities, leisure complexes, institutional buildings and more
- Dens products play a role in longer term moisture management strategies
Construction Scheduling Benefits
Using moisture-resistant Dens Brand products can help avoid construction delays due to wet or humid weather. DensGlass® sheathing carries a limited warranty for exposure to normal weather conditions during construction. Crews can install DensArmor Plus® interior panels and DensGlass® Shaftliner before dry-in, allowing installation of some mechanical systems to begin as well, often saving time in the process.
- Greater flexibility in scheduling and coordinating crews
- Ability to keep construction moving can create a hedge against costly delays due to bad weather
- Lower risk of remediation due to moisture damage during construction
Selecting Dens® gypsum boards can help architects, engineers and contractors achieve goals for sustainable design and construction. DensArmor Plus® panels are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. Dens products on the outside can help add durability. Dens panels are moisture- and mould-resistant. They can help contractors manage scheduling pressures and the risk of remediation due to moisture damage.
The Dens® product family includes:
- Roof cover boards that fortify low-slope roof systems against wind uplift, hail damage and fire.
- Exterior sheathing that protects wall assemblies against moisture intrusion.
- Interior wallboard that is key component of FEMA-recognized interior wall assemblies that drain and dry after flooding.
- Regional building materials that may contribute to LEED® certification points
- Interior products that are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®, aand GREENGUARD Children and Schools(sm) Certified and listed in the Collaborative for High Performing Schools® (CHPS®) High Performance Product Database as a low-emitting prouct
- Tile backer for use in wet areas that is GREENGUARD listed anti-microbial
For design tools go to www.gpdesignstudio.com
Tel: (800) 225-6119
Web site: http://www.gpgypsum.com