Timberline® Prestique® 40 High Definition® Asphalt Roofing Shingles
Perfect for those who want to upgrade from standard architectural shingles
Thicker than standard architectural shingles1, Timberline® Prestique® 40 shingles feature GAF-Elks patented "High Definition" color blends and enhanced shadow effect
Class A fire listing from Underwriters Laboratories, the highest rating possible
Heavyweight design and extra-strong Micro Weave® core make it a popular choice in the Timberline® series the most popular architectural shingles in North America!
Stays in Place...
Dura Grip® adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand winds up to 110 mph!2
Peace of Mind...
40-year ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first five years3
Perfect Finishing Touch...
Use premium Timbertex® ridge cap shingles (in the West, use premium Ridglass® ridge cap shingles)
People will know that youre installing North Americas #1-selling laminated shingles!
Less Chance of Call-Backs...
Durable, wind resistant shingle offers a superior (110 mph) ltd. wind warranty!2
The many layers of a Timberline® Prestique® Shingle
Diamond Cut Granules...
Multi-faceted design and light-reflective construction add dimension and depth to the shingle
UV Blocker (Granules)...
Protects against damaging sunlight which improves the durability and extends the life of the shingle
Color Lock Ceramic Firing (Granules)...
Maintains the true color of the shingle longer
Dura Grip® Adhesive...
Locks the shingles in place on the roof, gripping tight in even strong gale force winds
SpecSelect Grading System (Asphalt)...
Use of finest quality asphalt improves weathering in harsh conditions
Micro Weave® Core...
Offers a superior strength foundation that resists cracking and splitting
FiberTech® Components (Core)...
Incorporates fibers that are non-combustible, providing a UL Class A fire rating
- Fiberglass asphalt shingle
- Heavyweight design
- 40-year ltd. transferable warranty
- Smart Choice® protection for the first 5 years
- 110 mph ltd. wind warranty2
- Listed Class A Fire UL 790
- Passes ASTM D7158, Class H
- StainGuard® Algae Discoloration ltd. warranty (available in all areas except Western Region)
- CSA A123.5-98
- ASTM D3018 Type 1
- ASTM D3161 Type 1, Class F4
- ASTM D34625
- Dade County approved4
- Florida Building Code approved
- Texas Department of Insurance4
- ICC Report Approved4
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified (certain colors only)
- Cool Color Series is rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)
- Approximately 64 Pieces/Square (Metric)
- Approximately 78 Pieces/Square (English)
- Approximately 3 Bundles/Square
- Approximately 256 Nails/Square (Metric)
- Approximately 312 Nails/Square (English)
- 5 5/8" exposure (Metric)
- 5" exposure (English)
- Comparison refers to Timberline® Prestique 30 shingles
- This wind coverage requires special installation; see ltd. warranty for details
- See ltd. warranty for complete coverage and restrictions
- Applies to most plants
- Product is manufactured to meet or exceed ASTM D3462; values from subsequent testing will vary depending on storage conditions
1 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tollfree: (800) 766-3411
Web site: http://www.gaf.com