GAFGLAS Built-Up Roofing System (BUR)
The strength of BUR, the flexibility of modified bitumen...GAF continues its tradition of innovation with GAF CompositeRoof® systems, the next generation in roofing. CompositeRoof systems:
- combine the strength of premium GAFGLAS® built-up roofs with the elongation and flexibility of RUBEROID® modified bitumen membranes
- Exhibit tensile strengths up to 300 lbf/in and strain energies as high as 70 lbf-in/in2 at 0°F!
Every GAF CompositeRoof system includes at least:
- one ply of premium GAFGLAS BUR plies for strength
- three total layers of roofing plies/membranes for system redundancy and long-term reliability
- the use of at least one layer of polyester-reinforced RUBEROID modified bitumen membrane ensures superior flexibility and elongation characteristics
For example, Specification I-2-1-MGP provides more than 10 times the elongation at 0°F of typical built-up roofing.
Exceptional strain energy...GAF CompositeRoof systems far exceed either BUR or modified bitumen systems in strain energy, one of the most advanced measures of mechanical performance. This combines the measurement of tensile strength and elongation in a single parameter to indicate whether a roof system has the tensile strength necessary to withstand normal roof stresses and the elastomeric properties to accommodate normal building movement.
Include RUBEROID® EnergyCap in your CompositeRoof and achieve an ENERGY STAR® qualified, CRRC qualified system with proven performance of a GAF CompositeRoof system.
1 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tollfree: (800) 766-3411
Web site: http://www.gaf.com