EnergyGuard Perlite Tapered Roof Insulation
- EnergyGuard Perlite Tapered roof insulation is factory fabricated from EnergyGuard Perlite rigid perlite insulation board.
- Tapered roof insulation systems are supplied in 2' x 4' (0.6 m x 1.2 m) or 4' x 4' (1.2 m x 1.2 m) boards, custom cut and tapered to 1/16" (1/2%), 1/8" (1%), 1/4" (2%), and 1/2" (4%) per foot (5.2, 10.4, 20.8, or 41.6mm/m) slope depending on the need. Custom sizes are available.
- Quality EnergyGuard Perlite or PolyIso roof insulation is used as fill insulation to complete the system.
- To create positive drainage on new roofs and reroofs.
- To eliminate trouble spots on roof where and when ponding is a problem.
- Properly installed, EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation is suitable for use under built-up, modified bitumen, and some single ply roofing systems.
- Refer to the application specifications in the current Membrane Manufacturers Application and Specifications Manual for proper installation procedures for EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation.
- Environmentally Friendly. The minimum recycled content is 25% by weight. Complies with the Environmental Protection Agency Regulation 40 CFR Part 248, Guideline for Federal Procurement of Building Insulation Products Containing Recovered Materials, as a recycled product approved for use on any project using federal funds.
- EnergyGuard Tapered Perlite roof insulation is a non-structural, non-load bearing material.
- EnergyGuard Tapered Perlite roof insulation should be stored dry and be protected from the elements. Once properly loaded at the job site, remove factory wraps and cover with a breathable tarp.
- No more insulation should be applied than can be completely covered with finished roofing on the same day.
- Do NOT use under fully adhered single ply systems or with direct torch application of modified bitumen.
- If torch grade modified bitumen roofing is to be installed over EnergyGuard Perlite, a fiberglass base sheet MUST be installed.
Installation Suggestions for Tapered Systems
Although each tapered system is different, here are some suggested methods for installing tapered insulation system efficiently.
- Verify building dimensions and drain locations with the Tapered Roof Insulation Shop Drawing. Discrepancies should be reported to BMCA prior to shipment.
- Verify that the proper number of truckloads and piece quantities have been received on the job site.
- Determine the area to be completed that day.
- Measure the distance from the drain to the perimeter where the shop drawing indicates full insulation boards. Verify that the system will meet the drain piece.
- Start installing the tapered system utilizing full boards. Work from the drain and finish the area where the shop drawing indicates field cutting.
- When more than one layer of insulation is utilized, all vertical board joints should be staggered, preferably by 1/2 board.
- Cover the insulation with the complete membrane system the same day.
WARNING: DO NOT EXPOSE TO OPEN FLAME OR EXCESSIVE HEAT. MAY SMOLDER IF IGNITED. IF IGNITED, EXTINGUISH COMPLETELY.
| EnergyGuard Tapered Perlite Insulation Values |
|Inches||mm||"C" Values*||"R" Values**|
|* BTU/(hr. ft2. °F) **(hr. ft2. °F)/BTU|
1 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tollfree: (800) 766-3411
Web site: http://www.gaf.com