Acrylex 400 Primer
Acrylex 400 Primer is a single component, premium quality exterior acrylic latex primer that is blister and stain resistant, permanently flexible, and highly durable. Provides corrosion protection, flash rust resistance, and enhanced adhesion over steel, aluminum, and galvanized metal surfaces.
1 gallon (3.8 liter) can
5 gallon (19 liter) pail
55 gallon (208 liter) drum
- Application Versatility: Exhibits excellent adhesion over a wide variety of properly prepared surfaces including steel, aluminum, galvanized metal, new and weathered wood, previously painted surfaces, concrete, masonry, and brick. Extended open time allows for shop priming.
- Non-Lifting: Topcoats with strong solvents may be applied over cured Acrylex 400 Primer without lifting or bubbling the primer from the metal surface.
- Excellent Flexibility: The high ratio of acrylic resins contained in Acrylex 400 Primer provides for maximum penetration and flexibility characteristics, as well as excellent cold temperature performance. It will not become brittle with age.
- VOC Compliant: Acrylex 400 Primer is a water-based product and conforms to most local, state, and federal environmental regulations and VOC requirements. Application and cleanup is easily accomplished using soap and water.
- Effective in providing corrosion protection, flash rust resistance, and enhanced adhesion over steel, aluminum, and galvanized metal surfaces.
- Can be applied over lightly (or flash) rusted to moderately rusted, sound surfaces.
- Roof Mate, Roofshield, Sunshield and Acrylex 100 all achieve outstanding adhesion to Acrylex 400 Primer.
- Over new or unpainted wood, where it is effective at blocking tannin bleed-through.
- Effective at locking down residual chalkiness on previously painted exterior surfaces.
- Over concrete and masonry substrates, the alkali resistance of Acrylex 400 Primer make it an ideal choice for use under Aquathon®.
1 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tollfree: (800) 766-3411
Web site: http://www.gaf.com