Field Draft Inducers solve the drafting problems caused by short chimneys, undersized flue pipes and negative building pressures.
Draft Inducers are designed for easy installation in a wide variety of applications, including oil or gas-fired furnaces, water heaters, and boilers. For venting single or multiple appliances, use a control kit. DI Paks are available for 24 volt and millivolt applications and include all controls necessary. When to use a Draft Inducer:
How Draft Inducers Work:
- Long horizontal vent runs
- Undersized flue pipes
- Short chimneys
- Outside exposed chimney
- Thermostat calls for heat.
- The Inducer control is activated. This energizes the Draft Inducer (A) which creates negative pressure or draft.
- The draft closes the negative pressure proving switch and starts the burner (B).
- When the thermostat is satisfied, both the burner and Draft Inducer shut down.