Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II Decorative Concrete Protection Systems
Decorative Protection for Concrete & Finishes for Waterproofing Systems
The Excel-Coat K/D & KD II Systems advantages: Decorative
- The Excel-Coat K/D System is a decorative latex modified cementitious coating that includes a base coat and texture coat, topped with an acrylic sealer.
- The Excel-Coat K/D System is a colorful, decorative, skid resistant coating designed to provide a cool walking surface for on-grade concrete, patios, pool decks, entryway and wall finishes.
- The Excel-Coat K/D System can also be used in conjunction with the Excel-Coat waterproofing membranes. This combination provides unbeatable waterproof protection with infinite decorative possibilities.
- The Excel-Coat K/D II System uses the same materials along with stencils, taping techniques, concrete skins, and stamps to provide more decorative finish options over concrete and our Fire Rated System.
- The versatility of this decorative coating is unmatched. A broad range of styles, from tile to stone, can be achieved using this system. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
- Combining this decorative coating with our Excel-Coat waterproof systems provides uncompromising waterproof protection with unlimited decorative possibilities.
- The acrylic polymers in this cementitious material allow moisture to escape from the substrate without causing delamination.
- Because this is a cementitious product, this material can withstand heavy foot traffic while maintaining its decorative look.
- VOC compliant and environmentally safe products are non-toxic, non-flammable and non-hazardous.
- The finished surface can be varied to achieve the desired texture and degree of skid resistance.
- The deck coating will not discolor, fade, break down or deteriorate due to direct sun exposure.
- Water based acrylic components ensure fast, reliable dry times. Each step of the process can receive same-day foot traffic. Ideal for retrofit applications!
- The decorative coating will clean up with detergent soap and warm water, Liquid TSP or Excel-Coat All Purpose Cleaner. For tougher stains consult your Excellent Coatings representative.
- The Excel-Coat K/D materials available in 20 different contemporary colors. Custom colors are also available upon request at an additional charge.
Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II are polymer modified cement finishes that may be sprayed, trowel applied, and stamped and sealed to provide decorative durable finishes. BASIC USE:
The Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II Systems are colorful, decorative, skid resistant coatings for pool decks, patios, entryways, walkways and wall finishes. In addition to providing an attractive walking surface, these systems allow for easy maintenance and will protect the substrate from the damaging effects of ultraviolet light, salt and water.
Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II are second-generation products developed to better enhance the aesthetic versatility of the coating.
"K/D" refers to a Knock Down application of K/D powders and additive. "K/D II" refers to the same K/D material, but the manner of application creates a pattern or design though the use of tape, stencils, skins and/or stamps.LIMITATIONS:
- Do not apply over non-stable substrate.
- Do not apply directly to plywood. Refer to Excel-Coat Fire System for applications to plywood surfaces.
- Do not apply over non-structural lightweight concrete without prior written approval.
The Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II Systems include a cementitious base coat, texture coat (Excel-Coat K/D powder and Excel-Crete Tinted Additive) and 1-2 coats of sealer (Excel-Coat Clear or Color Sealer). Excel-Crete Retarder may be used to slow the cure time and improve workability for application.PACKAGING:
Excel-Crete K/D powder is available in 50-pound bags. Excel-Crete Tinted Additives and Excel-Coat clear or color sealers are available in 1 and 5 gallon containers (U.S. gallon measures). Excel-Crete Retarder and fibers is available in pre-measured packets.SHELF LIFE:
Twelve months from shipping date stored below 80°F. Do not allow product to freeze. Do not store Excel-Crete K/D powder in damp or wet area.COLORS:
Excel-Coat #200 texture is available in 3 standard colors: Gun Metal, Spanish Brown and Tumbleweed. Excel-Coat #300 seal coat is available in 20 standard colors. And, Excel-Crete K/D spray applied texture is available in 13
standard colors, with the option of two-tone color textures with clear seal coats.
Excel-Crete K/D and K/D II pattern and stamped finishes with clear seal coats may be combined with this system when applied to concrete surfaces. Custom color matching is also available upon request at an additional charge. Minimum quantities may apply; overages will apply.JOB CONDITIONS:
Before any work is started, the applicator shall thoroughly examine all surfaces for deficiencies. Should any deficiencies exist, the Architect, Owner or General Contractor shall be notified in writing and any corrections necessary shall be made.
Cold or inclement weather will affect the cure time of all Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II products. Do not install over wet substrate, in the rain or if the threat of rain exists within 24 hours.
To avoid chemical staining, please ensure that pool and spa chemicals are within "Ideal Ranges".INSTALLATION:
Contact your local pool chemical supply representative for chemical ranges.
Refer to Excel-Coat K/D and K/D II Application Guides for application procedures. See detailed instruction for the standard Knock Down, Tape & Trowel, Tape, Trowel & Skin and the Stamping applications.
The individual product data sheets are located in the Product Data section of this binder.
FYI: The Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II Systems may be combined with our Excel-Coat Waterproof Systems to provide unbeatable waterproof protection with unlimited decorative possibilities.STORAGE AND HANDING:
Store all Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II Products in a cool area and keep from freezing. It may be necessary to stir liquid Excel-Coat K/D products before using. Containers should be separated according to batch numbers to ensure color uniformity. When changing from one batch to another, blend one container of each batch to ensure a smooth transition. Partial containers can be resealed. Should a top skin develop on the remaining contents of the container, the physical properties and effectiveness of the contents will not be impaired. Clean mixing and application tools with water. Dispose of empty containers properly according to current Local, State and Federal regulations.HEALTH AND HAZARD INFORMATION:
Use product with adequate ventilation and personal protection. Users must read container label and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for specific health and safety precautions prior to use.AVAILABILITY:
Immediately available from Excellent Coatings International and authorized distributors.COST:
Cost data is available from your local Excellent Coatings International authorized representative. For the name and number of the nearest local representative, call Excellent Coatings International at (800) 473-3817.REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE:
If damage or excessive wear occurs, simple repairs using the same product can be accomplished. Contact Excellent Coatings International for specific information regarding long-term maintenance. Cleaning can be accomplished by scrubbing with normal detergent soap and water. Heavy stains may require Excel-Coat All-Purpose Cleaner or a citrus cleaner and brushing with a stiff broom or scrub brush.PRODUCT GUARANTEE/WARRANTY:
Excellent Coatings International warrants Excel-Coat K/D & K/D II materials to be free of defects and manufactured to meet published physical properties for a period of one year following the date of shipment, provided that the product has been applied according to the manufacturer's instructions. Under this warranty, Excellent Coatings International will provide, at no charge, product in containers to replace any product proven to be defective in applications recommended by us as suitable for this product. All claims concerning product defects must be made within twelve months of shipment and within thirty days of discovery. Absence of such claims in writing during this period will constitute a waiver of all claims with respect to such product. This warranty is, IN LIEU OF any and all other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY of fitness for a specific purpose.TECHNICAL SERVICE:
Authorized local representatives are available to provide design assistance and on-site instruction for Excel-Coat products. Excellent Coatings International provides assistance in design and development of applications. Part time or full-time inspection and instruction are available on a fee basis upon arrangement. Technical data is available upon request.