Rear Projection Screens Systems
Draper takes the guesswork out of rear projection screen system design. Save valuable floor space and get perfect rear screen picture quality with Draper's high quality workmanship and superior components.
Draper designed the Rear Projection System (RPX) to provide perfect rear screen picture quality, while saving valuable floor space. The RPX folds the light from a video, data-graphics, LCD, DLP, CRT, digital or slide projector using the finest optical quality, first surface glass mirror.
- Consists of a custom designed reinforced projector cradle, reinforced first surface glass mirror, and a unitized framework of blue extruded aluminum to position the projector and mirror in precisely the right relationship to each other and to the screen.
- It is built specifically for your unique requirement. You provide us with the make and model of projector, desired screen size, and a few simple room dimensions. Our designers evaluate the optics and determine the proper light geometry. The RPX is preset for a perfect fit.
- Supporting frame is constructed of unitized framework of blue extruded aluminum with a 2" square cross section, fabricated from 6061-T6 alloy. It is sized to fit perfectly in your projection room, based upon dimensions you furnish.
- Sled Base features heavy-duty leveling feet and predrilled anchor points: when the system is correctly set, it may be permanently fastened in place.
- Mirror height, projector height, mirror angle and projector position (front to back) are all adjustable.
- The projector cradle is customized for your projector, and allows for both tilt-axis adjustment and micro-fine height adjustment, without tools, to position the image on rear screen. The cradle holds a six axis adjustment sled allowing movement to be for best image alignment.
- Draper's new 6-Axis Adjustable Platform is standard. The platform allows all movement to be modified for best image alignment. The projector light path can be adjusted in all 6 axes for a perfect picture every time.
- Cradle pivot plate is predrilled for the proper angle of installation, and calibrated in degrees for quick, precise adjustments if required. Mirror plate features shoulder bolts to simplify installation and slots for height adjustment.
- Has 94% reflective first surface mirrors.
- Ships complete with all required fasteners and hand tools
The Draper RPX/Precision offers the world's most precise image alignment capabilities in a custom-built rear projection system. Why is that so important? Today's digital projectors often allow little or no electronic image position adjustment. Therefore, precise physical positioning of the projector becomes critical in aligning and edge matching side-by-side images, and even in precisely locating a single projected image. With incredible accuracy, the fine tuning capabilities of the Draper RPX/Precision Alignment Platform give you isolated adjustment of each individual projector in all six axes: height, front-to-back position, side-to-side position, pitch, roll and yaw.
- Draper's unique Alignment Platform will allow single lens projectors, which have no internal or electronic adjustments, to adjust horizontal keystone, image size, image shift and image rotation.
- Minimal differences in a projected image's angle can exist from one projector to the next. These differences occur at the lens and therefore affect the image's location on the mirror and rear projection screen.
- Alignment Platform is available in two sizes, depending on projector specification.
The Draper RPX/Complete has all the features of a RPX plus a framed rear screen attached to the structural uprights. Choice of an IRUS, Vortex, Cinescreen or DiamondScreen in a System 400 frame attached to the RPX for a perfectly aligned system. Screen sizes through 6' high x 8' wide.
- Framed screen "floats" in your wall opening. The wall does not bear the weight of the screen, so no finishing or reinforcement of the opening is required.
- Since the wall's expansion and contraction properties do not put pressure on the rear screen, the result is a consistently flatter screen.
- Each element in the system is locked into its proper relationship, square with the others: screen-to-projector platform; projector platform-to-mirror; mirror-to-screen.
- Save installation time. Assemble the system, adjust the leveling feet on the base of the RPX and the entire system is level.
- Since the screen is automatically square with the mirror, installation of projector and alignment of image is made easier.
- Draper's 6-Axis Adjustable Platform is standard. The platform allows all movement to be modified for best image alignment. The projector light path can be adjusted in all 6 axes for a perfect picture every time.
Video Wall Framing Systems
The IRUS, Vortex, Cineplex and DiamondScreen may be used in a VideoWall, with individual screen sizes from 30" diagonal through 180" diagonal. Draper offers three VideoWall framing systems
ZERO EDGE FRAMING SYSTEM
Zero Edge incorporates a proprietary screen attachment system supported by extruded aluminum light baffles on all four sides. Screens are assembled with "zero" separation. Actual screen separation is approximately
CLOSE EDGE CLEAR LEXAN® FRAMING SYSTEM
Individually framed screen modules with a "close-edge" transparent Lexan perimeter support frame, for a near-seamless appearance. Actual screen separation is approximately 4 mm.
SYSTEM 200 VIDEOWALL FRAMING SYSTEM
Offers maximum flexibility of design and structural integrity while accommodating rear screens of any size. Completely unitized for perfectly uniform contiguous images regardless of the number of screens or tiers in the array. The manufacturing and assembly of complex panorama radius VideoWalls is executed with precision and unparalleled structural integrity.
Projector Support Structures
When building a custom VideoWall system, video and data graphics projectors must be safely and securely mounted at the proper focal distance from the screen. Draper offers sophisticated Projector Support Structures, designed and built to your specific requirement.
411 South Pearl Street
Spiceland, IN 47385
Tel: (765) 987-7999
Fax: (866) 637-5611
Tollfree: (800) 238-7999
Web site: http://www.draperinc.com