Dow Corning® AllGuard Silicone Elastomeric Coating
With 40 standard and 15 special colors plus custom color capability, Dow Corning® AllGuard Silicone Elastomeric Coating provides outstanding aesthetic flexibility with solid waterproofing performance. AllGuard Coating is a one-part, water-based, 100 percent silicone elastomer that seals out water on exterior above-grade walls. It requires no primer on most porous panel substrates and cures to form a flexible membrane that can handle normal thermal movements while withstanding hurricane-force, wind-driven rain without penetration. It also allows moisture vapor inside the substrate to escape, preventing blistering and delamination.
It is particularly suited for use on EIFS panels and in renovation projects when organic urethane and acrylic coatings have failed. Optimum waterproofing performance is achieved by applying two wet 10-mil applications to obtain a 10-mil dry film. The coating adheres to masonry, stone, freshly cured and damp concrete, fluted block, stucco, EIFS, most trims and painted surfaces, and most caulks, sealants (including silicones) and preformed seals, such as Dow Corning® 123 Silicone Seal.
Features and Benefits
- 55 standard and special colors; custom colors also available; field pigmentable at distributors for rapid delivery
- Primerless on many substrates; neat and easy to apply with roller, power roller, brush or spray; matte finish hides roller marks
- Bridges cracks up to 1/16 inch (1.6 mm); accommodates movement; resists degradation due to sunlight, rain, snow and temperature extremes
- When properly applied, will not crack, chalk, peel or blister
- SWRI approved
- 10-year Weatherseal Limited Warranty
- Meets current federal guidelines for Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) for architectural coatings
Optimum waterproofing performance is achieved with a 10-mil dry film. With prior field adhesion testing, AllGuard Coating can be applied without a primer on many substrates. To protect the long-term appearance of the facade, drip edges should be installed in areas prone to concentrated water run-down to channel the water away from coated surfaces. Surfaces exposed to concentrated run-down may appear dirty or streaky over time, and the coating may become hard to clean.
For new construction or building renovation, silicone products from Dow Corning are best because they:
- Protect buildings typically three times longer than organic materials in the same applications
- Perform with successful track records in diverse applications
- Provide outstanding life cycle value
Dow Corning Corporation
PO Box 994
Midland, MI 48686
Tel: (989) 496-6000
Toll-free: (800) 322-8723
Web site: http://www.dowcorning.com/construction