Proximity Card Readers
Model: Proximity Card Readers
DoorKing offers the following proximity card reader products: DK Prox, HID and AWID proximity card readers, all of which are compatible with the 1830 Series access controllers. All readers feature a cosmetically appealing design that will blend with any architectural design and offer high durability and reliability. AVI (or Automated Vehicle ID) Long Range readers operate in the same manner as proximity card systems, but with longer ranges. A typical AVI system places a tag on the vehicle, rather than having the user carry it. In this manner, a gate system will open automatically as the vehicle approaches with a properly credentialed tag. This provides convenience and is ideal in applications where only authorized vehicles are allowed entry.
- Reads Multiple Types of Cards and Tags - Full line available as passive or active.
- Long Range AVI (Automatic Vehicle Identification) readers operate up to 25 feet.
- Indoor applications to control access to secure areas.
- Card reader can also be mounted on an enclosure for outdoor applications.
- Because physical contact is not required, proximity card readers can read card data through common building materials like: concrete, brick, stone, drywall, plaster, glass, wood, plastic...in fact, through anything but metal.
- Proximity card readers are maintenance free. There are no parts to wear out or adjust.
- Passive card technology provides an unlimited number of "card reads" with no battery to wear out. Active cards provide a much longer read range, but use a battery that will require replacement in time (2-years approximately).
- Passive cards, unless they are physically abused, will last virtually forever.
- Clamshell, ISO Graphic and KeyTag type cards are available.
- Read ranges are not absolute and will vary depending on several factors including where the reader is mounted, the mounting surface and product application.
- These card readers output their data in 26-bit wiegand format.
- Most card readers operate on 5-12 VDC. AVI systems may operate at different voltages.
- These card readers are not designed for stand-alone operation (see 1520/1524 readers) and must be connected to an access controller (DKS 1830 Series systems).
- 1815-300; up to 3-inch read range.
- 1815‐301; up to 4-inch read range.
- 1815‐302; up to 2-inch read range.
- 1815‐305; up to 12-inch read range.
- 1815‐330; 1815‐300 reader on a surface mount enclosure.
- 1815‐333; same as 1815‐330 but also includes a 2358‐010 Tracker expansion board
- 1504-124; 1815‐300 mounted on surface enclosure with built in intercom substation.
- 1815-350: adjustable reade range; 8 ft to 25 ft.
- Two different operating modes: timing and trigger.
- Uses frequency hopping technology in the UHF frequency band (902 - 928 MHz).
- Adjustable timing intervals between consecutive readings of same tag.
- Uses passive tags - no batteries to worry about.
- Dual technology cards are available allowing a single card to be used with both AVI and standard DK Prox readers.
- 1815‐280 (SR 2400); up to 4‐inch read range.
- 1815‐281 (SP 6820); up to 8‐inch read range.
- 1815‐282 (MM 6800); up to 8‐inch read range.
- 1815‐290; 1815‐280 reader on a surface mount enclosure.
- 1815‐292; same as 1815‐290 but also includes a 2358‐010 Tracker expansion board.
- 1504‐122; 1815‐281 mounted on surface enclosure with built in intercom substation.
- 1815‐283 (MR 1824); up to 24‐inch read range. Includes regulated power supply.
- 1815‐284 (MR 1824 MC); metal compensated; up to 16‐inch read range. Includes regulated power supply.
- Long Range Vehicle Tag Reader
- 1815‐170 (LR 3000).
- 1815‐168 Installation Kit.
- 1815‐162 Power Supply.
- 1508‐072 Mounting Bracket.
- Read range varies depending on the type of tag used. Maximum read range is 15 feet.
- Installation kit is highly recommended for proper setup (AWID Policy.)
- 1815‐380 (ProxPoint Plus); up to 3-inch read range.
- 1815‐381 (MiniProx); up to 5-inch read range.
- 1815‐382 (ThinLine II); up to 5-inch read range.
- 1815-390; 1815‐382 reader on a surface mount enclosure.
- 1815-392; same as 1815‐390 but also includes a 2358‐010 Tracker expansion board.
- 1504‐123; 1815‐382 mounted on surface enclosure with built in intercom substation.
- 1815‐395 (MaxiProx); Up to 6‐foot read range with 1508‐014 tags.
- Includes regulated power supply.
- Readers operate in the 2.45 GHz spectrum and are ideal for automatic vehicle ID applications. Read ranges are not absolute and will vary depending on several factors including where the reader is mounted, the mounting surface and product application.
- 1815‐422 LR‐6XL; Extended long range reader (46 ft.)
- 1815‐421 LR‐6; Long range reader (32 ft.)
- 1815‐420 LR‐3; Long range reader (16 ft.)
- Mounting Brackets
- 1815‐455 Wall & pole mount kit
- 1815‐456 Ceiling / wall mount kit
120 S. Glasgow Avenue
CA USA 90301
Tel: (310) 645-0023
Fax: (310) 641-1586
Tollfree: (800) 826-7493