rFoil 3800 Series Reflective Vapor Barrier
Serving two distinct purposes with the option of either perforated (3800P) or solid (3800S), rFOIL 3800 Reflective Radiant Barrier is either a revolutionary next generation house wrap or an effective vapor barrier.
Serving as a Reflective House Wrap, perforated 3800P offers the construction industry a strong weather-resistant barrier with the added benefit of a Radiant Barrier, a tested R-3.8 value (ASHRAE Handbook: 1997 Fundamentals), and a Perm. Rating of 22.
rFOIL 3800 REFLECTIVE VAPOR BARRIER 3800P has been referenced as “the next generation in house wrap technology”. Acting not only as a superior air infiltration barrier, effectively sealing up cracks or gaps in the external sheathing, but also as a protective radiant barrier to the exterior of the home blocking up to 97% of radiant heat resulting in better year-round efficiency and comfort levels. Unlike other house wraps or insulating products that are traditionally used, rFOIL Reflective Radiant Barrier is non-toxic and its performance is not affected by extended exposure to the elements.
rFOIL 3800 Reflective Radiant Barrier is constructed of a single layer of 99.9% pure aluminum foil laminated to a formulated blend of polyethylene. 3800P is pin perforated; 3800S is not.
Solid 3800S serves as a vapor barrier.
rFOIL 3800 REFLECTIVE VAPOR BARRIER is constructed of a single layer of 99.9% pure aluminum foil laminated to a formulated blend of polyethylene. 3800P is pin perforated; 3800S is not.Benefits
- Reflects 96% of Radiant Heat
- Increases wall insulation efficiency by 20%
- Reflects Heat out in Summer - Reduces Air Conditioning costs
- Reflects Heat back inside in Winter - Reduces Heating costs
- Increase overall Home Comfort
- Lowers Energy Usage and Utility Bills
- Thermal Performance Unaffected by Moisture
- Non-toxic & Non-carcinogenic
- Class 1/Class A fire rating
- Clean, Safe, and Easy to Install
- Simple to Cut and Configure around Obstructions
- Outstanding Tear Strength and Puncture Resistance
- NFPA 286 Full Room Burn Test
- 3800P is perforated and is a good option as a house wrap.
- 3800S is solid and is a good option for a vapor barrier.
- Choose rFOIL 4800P or 1800P (also blocks RF) instead of 3800P for house wrap for a more substantial solution. The “P” product designation is for perforated.