VortSentry® HS Stormwater Treatment
The VortSentry HS is a compact stormwater treatment system that uses helical flow technology to enhancegravitational separation of floating and settling pollutants from stormwater. The small footprint of the VortSentry HS makes it an effective stormwater treatment option for projects where space is at a premium. Compact Stormwater Treatment
The VortSentry HS is a compact, below grade stormwater treatment system that uses helical flow technology to enhance gravitational separation of floating and settling pollutants from stormwater flows. The small footprint of the VortSentry HS makes it an effective stormwater treatment option for projects where space is at a premium.
The VortSentry HS accepts a wide range of pipe sizes to treat and convey a wide range of flows. The unique internal bypass weir allows flows exceeding the treatment capacity to be diverted within the unit eliminating the need for an external bypass structure. How the VortSentry HS Treats Stormwater
- Untreated stormwater enters the VortSentry HS through an inlet pipe or grate inlet.
- Low, frequently occurring storm flows are directed to the treatment chamber where a tangentially oriented downward pipe induces a swirling motion in the treatment chamber that promotes the separation of suspended solids. Trash and floating debris are also captured in the treatment chamber.
- Moderate storm flows are directed into the treatment chamber through a secondary inlet, which allows for capture of floating trash and debris. The secondary inlet provides for treatment of higher flows without significantly increasing the velocity or turbulence in the treatment chamber.
- Flow exits the treatment chamber through the outlet flow control, which manages the amount of flow that is treated and helps maintain the helical flow patterns developed within the treatment chamber.
- Flows exceeding the system’s rated treatment flow are diverted away from the treatment chamber by the flow partition.
- Treated stormwater exits the VortSentry HS via the outlet pipe.
VortSentry HS Features and Benefits
1. Compact system
2. Helical flow pattern
3. Unique internal bypass
4. Inlet and grated inlet configuration available
1. Small footprint; ideal for projects where space is at a premium
2. Enhanced capture and containment of floating and settling pollutants
3. Eliminates the need for a separate bypass structure
4. Design flexibility VortSentry HS Configurations
The VortSentry HS is available in three standard configurations. All three configurations are available in 36-inch (900-mm) through 96-inch (2400-mm) diameter manholes.
VortSentry HS Applications
- Inline (with inlet and outlet pipes at 180º to each other)
- Grated inlet
- A combination of grate and pipe inlets.
VortSentry HS Maintenance
- Stormwater quality control - trash, debris, sediment, and hydrocarbon removal
- Inlet and outlet protection
- Pretreatment for filtration, detention/infiltration, bioretention, rainwater harvesting and Low Impact Development designs.
- VortSentry HS provides unobstructed access to stored pollutants, making it easy to maintain.
- Maintaining a VortSentry HS is a simple process that can be easily accomplished using a vacuum truck, with no requirement to enter the unit.
- Contech has created a network of Certified Maintenance Providers to provide maintenance on stormwater BMP’s.