ULTRA FLO® CMP
ULTRA FLO is a CMP pipe with a smooth interior that is the industry alternative to reinforced concrete pipe. The smooth interior improves hydraulic capacity while the exterior box ribs provide structural strength. ULTRA FLO weighs less than 10% of reinforced concrete pipe and comes in longer lengths, greatly reducing handling and installation costs.
Lower Cost Alternative to RCP Storm Sewer Pipe
ULTRA FLO, a CMP pipe with a smooth interior, is the material of choice for storm sewer applications and a lower cost alternative to reinforced concrete pipe. The smooth interior improves hydraulic capacity (Mannings n = 0.012, equal to concrete pipe) while the exterior box ribs provide structural strength.
ULTRA FLO is available manufactured with either aluminum or steel with a variety of coatings such as, Aluminized Steel Type 2 (ALT2), polymer coated, and aluminum to meet a wide variety of environmental and service life requirements. For projects with limited headroom, ULTRA FLO is available in pipe-arch.
Because ULTRA FLO weighs less than 10% of concrete pipe, handling and installation costs are greatly reduced. Aluminum ULTRA FLO has only 1/35 the weight of concrete pipe.
Lower labor costs also result from fast and easy joining. Contech Quick Stab® joints or coupling bands do not require special skills or tools. Twenty-foot standard lengths mean fewer joints and faster laying.
Shop-fabricated fittings save installation time in the field while providing hydraulically efficient junctions.
ULTRA FLO Pipe Features and Benefits
|Smooth Interior||Mannings n = 0.012, equal to concrete pipe|
|Exterior box ribs||Shown to be equivalent to reinforced concrete pipe|
|Weighs less than 10% of reinforced concrete pipe||Easier to install, faster installation|
|Longer lengths than reinforced concrete pipe||Fewer joints, faster installation, reduced cost|
|QUICK STAB and coupling banded joints||No special tools or skills required, faster installation, reduced cost|
ULTRA FLO Pipe Coatings
- Galvanized Steel - Pipe made from steel coated with zinc to extend service life. The most widely used and most economical metallic coating for corrugated steel pipe.
- Aluminized Steel Type 2 - Pipe made from steel that has been hot-dipped in commercially pure aluminum; offers 75 years or more of maintenance free service life.
- Aluminum Alloy Pipe made with CORLIX® aluminum provides a predictable service life of more than 75 years; ideal for municipal storm sewers, underground stormwater detention systems or any standard drainage project that must withstand corrosive environments.
- Polymer Coating Steel pipe with a heavy-gage polymer coating; protects against abrasion and corrosion to provide a service life of 100+.
ULTRA FLO Pipe Properties
- Diameters 18-120
- Wall thicknesses of 16, 14, 12, and 10 gage
- 3/4 x 3/4 x 7-1/2 continuous rib corrugation
- Standards lengths are 20-40
ULTRA FLO Pipe Shapes
- Full Round recommended for most applications
- Pipe-Arch used in limited headroom conditions. The low, wide pipe-arch design distributes the flow area horizontally, providing hydrauliccapacity without lowering the grade.
ULTRA FLO Pipe Accessories
- End Sections
- Banding Systems
- MOBILE PIPE®
ULTRA FLO Pipe Applications
- Culverts, canals and ditch enclosures
- Storm sewers
- Stormwater Detention
- Reline for drainage structures and culverts
CMP for Culverts, Canals and Ditch Enclosures
Our corrugated steel pipe is the most durable, economic, and widely chosen material for most culverts.
ULTRA FLO for Storm Sewers
No other type of drainage structure offers the range of structural strength thats available with ULTRA FLO - which continues to perform where rigid pipe fails. We offer coatings and linings that will provide a minimum of 75-year service life for most soil/water conditions. ULTRA FLO provides a Mannings n = 0.012, equal to concrete pipe and other smooth wall drainage products. There are custom fittings and coatings to meet your project needs.
CMP and PVC Pipe for Pipe Reline
Lining inadequate or failing structures with corrugated metal material or plastic pipe uses little of the available area, thereby preserving the maximum amount of the original opening. Due to the hydraulic efficiency of Contech products, often a smaller structure provides the same hydraulic capacity as the original because of the low Manning n factors of A-2000 and A2 Liner PVC pipes and HEL-COR and ULTRA FLO CMP pipes. Existing pipes and arches are generally lined with structures of the same shape, though slightly smaller in size. Rectangular openings can be lined with round, elliptical or pipe arch structures. Corrugated metal structures can fit almost any existing shape.
CMP and PVC Pipe for Rehabilitating Storm, Sanitary Sewers and Small Culverts
Reline drainage structures with hydraulically efficient corrugated steel, aluminum or PVC pipe. ULTRA FLO and HEL-COR are CMP Pipes available in standard diameters through 120 and 144" respectively. Special diameters are also available in both products. The PVC pipe systems, A-2000 and A2 Liner Pipeused for both drainage structures and sanitary sewersare available through 36 diameter.
CMP Pipe for Wind Turbine Foundations and Vertical Shafts
Contech large-diameter CMP is used as a deep foundation form at the base of the windmill. CMP is placed vertically to act as a form for the poured-in-place concrete foundation.
Contech Engineered Solutions
9025, Centre Pointe Drive
West Chester, OH 45069
Tel: (800) 338-1122
Web site: http://www.conteches.com