EasyTouch™ Building Insulation
EasyTouch Encapsulated Insulation is intended to be used in either residential or commercial construction as thermal and acoustical insulation in attics, ceilings, walls and floors. The product is encapsulated in a vapor-permeable poly sheeting and available with or without an attached kraft vapor barrier. It is designed for use in standard wood stud assemblies.
Installing EasyTouch fiber glass insulation is an easy cost-effective method to help conserve energy in the residential and commercial, remodeling and reinsulation markets. In addition to its thermal properties, EasyTouch provides excellent acoustical performance. It is compression packaged and encapsulated for ease of handling, and its range of R-Values and sizes ensures the right product for the job.
EasyTouch is composed of tan, uniformly textured, inorganic fibrous glass. The fiber glass blanket is encapsulated in a thin, vapor-permeable poly sheeting.
These insulation products may qualify for rebates and other incentives.
- Model Building Codes:
- New York City - MEA 18-80-M, unfaced
- New York - NYS UFPBC Article 15
- California and Minnesota Quality Standards
- Material Standards:
- ASTM C665: Type II, Class A, Category 2, encapsulated batts and rolls
- ASTM C665: Type II, Class C, Category 1, kraft faced
-Fire Hazard Classification: ASTM E84
- Fully Encapsulated Insulation:
- Max. Flame Spread Index: 25
- Max. Smoke Developed Index: 50
- Kraft faced insulation: Not rated
- Thermal Performance:
- ASTM C518 R-Values for insulation only, as stated in table on other side.
- Water Vapor Sorption:
- Water Vapor Permeance:
- Permeance of Facing ASTM E96
- Desiccant Method Unperforated facing: < 1.0 perm (57 ng/Pa•s•m2)