CertainTeed FlintCoat® -E Emulsion Roof Coating is a UL Rated, fiber reinforced, professional grade product for coating built-up mineral surfaced, metal, concrete, corrugated and other roof surfaces and is great for use in polyester roofing systems. It can also be used for damp-proofing above or below grade foundation walls, and for sealing masonry surfaces and retaining walls as an anti-corrosive wood, metal, and pipe coating.
- Dries to a durable, flexible finish
- Excellent adhesion over clean asphalt surfaces
- Outstanding water and water vapor resistance
- Adds to the service life of reflective coatings, when used as a primer
The following information represents typical average properties of FlintCoat-E:
- Weight: 8.5 lbs. per gallon
- Packaging: 5-gallon pail
- Coverage: Approx 1/2 to 1 gallon per 100 square feet (two coats are recommended)
- Color: Dark brown (uncured) - Black (cured)
- ASTM D1187, Type I and II
- ASTM D1227, Type II
- Class I
If CertainTeed FlintCoat®-E Emulsion Roof Coating is used as a primer coating before application of another top coating, apply at a rate of 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. If another top coating is not specified, use at the rate of 4 gallons per 100 sq. ft.
For best results, reinforce coating with a polyester reinforcing fabric or chopped glass fibers. Once cured, apply FlintCoat®-W. This will greatly extend the life of the roof.