FlintCoat® -A 150
CertainTeed FlintCoat® -A 150 Fibered Aluminum Roof Coating is a quality, professional grade reflective coating formulated to provide a bright and long lasting finish. The aluminum pigment in this product enables it to form a silver shield to reflect the sun's destructive rays. Cooling costs can be reduced while the underlying roofing materials are protected and preserved. FlintCoat-A 150 serves as a rust inhibitor and will aid in the prevention of corrosion for metal surfaces.
- Self-protecting--the aluminum flakes protect the coating's asphaltic oils
- Reflects over 65% of the sun's rays
- Prolongs roof life; helps protect roof membrane from UV degradation
- Helps reduce energy consumption costs
- Keeps building interiors cooler
- Easy to apply
The following information represents typical average properties of FlintCoat-A 150:
- Weight: 8.6 lbs. per gallon
- Packaging: 5-gallon pail
- Coverage: Built-up (roll roofing) - 1 to 1-1/2 gallons per 100 square feet; Smooth surface and metal roofing - 3/4 to 1 gallon per 100 square feet
- Color: Silver
- Miami-Dade Approved
CertainTeed FlintCoat-A 150 Fibered Aluminum Roof Coating can be applied with a soft roof brush, roller or spray. Be sure to mechanically mix the aluminum coating thoroughly before using. FlintCoat-A 150 should be spread uniformly over the roof surface. Care should be taken not to overwork the coating during application. This could have a damaging effect on the leafing of the aluminum.