B-1250 Floating Transom System
Blumcraft Floating Transom System
This transom supporting technique has been developed by Blumcraft to give the entrance a clean glass look. The narrow metal member supporting the transom glass is suspended by small stainless steel rods concealed in the joints between the transom glass and the sidelights. A highly reflective finish of the B-1250 transom bar will further minimize the presence of supporting members as it blends into the reflection of the glass. Electric strikes can be used with transom in combination with Blumcraft panic devices and deadbolt housings. Transom bars can be mounted to walls or framing.
- Minimum exposed metal maintains an all glass entrance look.
- Corner cutouts and hole fabrication of the glass are eliminated, thus avoiding critical stress points in both transom and sidelight glass.
- The transom glass rests in the slot of the floating transom bar, assuring rigid installation of the transom glass.
- The glass transom gains lateral support from adjacent sidelights without holes in the sidelight glass.
- Doors are easily adjustable both laterally and vertically for better positioning in the opening.
Before sending preliminary sketches to Blumcraft, please refer to complete catalogs in Sweets:
Tempered Glass Doors - 08 41 00 / BLU
Architectural Hardware - 08 71 00 / BLU
Display Case Doors - 12 35 59 / BLU
Railing Systems - 05 73 00 / BLU
Blumcraft of Pittsburgh
3852 S. Water Street Bldg. D
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Tel: (412) 681-2400
Fax: (412) 681-6840
Web site: http://www.crl-arch.com