Type DSH - Double Leaf Automatic Smoke Vent
Aid Firefighters in bringing a fire under control by removing smoke, heat and gasses from a burning building. Type DSH double leaf smoke vents are the most economical way to add fire venting protect in large areas such as warehouses or manufacturing facilities. Vents are available in steel or aluminum construction and in a number of standard UL-listed sizes.
Automatic Smoke Vent Model: Type DSH
Standard Features and Benefits
- Thermolatch® II positive hold/release mechanism ensures reliable vent operation when a fire occurs. Automatically releases vent covers upon the melting of a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. The curb-mounted fusible link housing allows the latch to be quickly and easily reset from the roof level.
- Engineered with powerful gas spring operators to open covers in snow and wind conditions
- Gas springs have integral dampers to assure the covers open at a controlled rate
- Fully insulated and gasketed for weather-tightness
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Available in a number of standard UL listed sizes
- Material (select one): Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel. Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3 mm) aluminum
- Covers: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12" (305mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to the curb.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Positive hold/release mechanism controlled by a single UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link with a separate latching point for each cover. Designed to hold the covers closed against a 90 psf (438kg/m2) wind uplift force. Provided with interior and exterior pull release cables to manually open vent covers.
- Operation: When released, high performance gas springs open covers against a 10 psf (49kg/m2) snow/wind load and lock covers in the open position. Gas springs have integral dampers to assure a controlled rate of cover opening and have a cyclic durability of 50,000 cycles.
- Performance Ratings: UL-listed. Comply with UL 793 and UL 790 Class A (burning brand test).
Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
Aluminum: Mill Finish
- Hardware: Gas springs have a powder coated outer tube and chromate plated inner rod. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed or galvanized
P.O. Box 1203
New Haven, CT 06505
Tel: (800) 366-6530
Fax: (203) 933-8478
Web site: http://www.bilco.com