Safety Products - Fall Protection Grating
Fall Protection Grating System allows workers to safely inspect pumps and monitor underground areas. Meeting OSHA 29 CFR 1910.23 requirements for fall protection on access doors, the system is now available from Bilco as a factory installed option on selected models.
New design offered at a significantly lower price!
Bilco's fall protection grating system has be redesigned to offer the same level of protection at a much lower price. New features include a standard powder coat paint finish and a unique pintle hinge design that allows the grating to open to the full 90 degree position, maximizing the area available for access.
The Fall Protection Grating System permanently mounts under access door covers and is available as a factory installed option on the following Bilco models:
- Type J, JD, J-AL, JD-AL-300 PSF (1464 kg/m2) and H20 reinforced Doors
- Available on all standard sizes
- Available for special sizes (contact Bilco for more information)
Retrofit kits are also available for field installation (for door models noted above)
Standard Features and Benefits
- Provides a permanent means of fall protection under access doors
- Exceeds OSHA fall protection requirements
- Aluminum grating features a safety-yellow powder coat paint finish for added visibility
- Equipped with a stainless steel automatic hold-open device that securely locks the panel in the full open position
- Stainless steel hardware for corrosion resistance
- Grating panel is supplied with a padlock hasp for added security
- Backed by a 25-Year manufacturers warranty
Grating panel(s) shall be aluminum with a powder coat paint finish that is safety yellow in color. Panel shall be designed to meet the requirements of OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.23 and be equipped with a hold open device to lock the grating panel(s) in the open position. Hold open device and all hardware shall be Type 316 stainless steel. Manufacturer shall provide a twenty-five year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
P.O. Box 1203
New Haven, CT 06505
Tel: (800) 366-6530
Fax: (203) 933-8478
Web site: http://www.bilco.com