Roof Hatches - Service Stair Access
Type L Roof Hatch
Type L roof hatch, 30" x 96" (762mm x 2438mm), ideal for installations where frequent use may be expected. Permits easier movement maintenance personnel, tools and equipment from a full size stairway. Available in galvanized steel, aluminum, or stainless steel construction.
Roof Hatch Models: Type L-20, L-40, L-50
Standard Features and Benefits
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arm locks the cover in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on cover and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weathertightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Curb features the Bil-Clip® flashing system, an innovative method to quickly and easily secure single-ply roofing material to Bilco roof products
- Available in many sizes and curb configurations to satisfy any requirement or installation
- Material (select one):
Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel.
Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3 mm) aluminum.
Stainless Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) type 304 stainless steel
- Cover: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76 mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m²) live load.
- Curb: 12" (305 mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) Type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Performance Ratings: Complies with UL 790 Class A (burning brand test).
Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
Aluminum: Mill Finish.
Stainless Steel: Type 304 stainless steel with bead blast finish
Steel: Engineered composite compression spring tubes and steel compression springs packed in grease. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
Aluminum: Engineered composite compression spring tubes and steel compression springs packed in grease. Type 316 Stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
Stainless Steel: Type 316 stainless steel.
P.O. Box 1203
New Haven, CT 06505
Tel: (800) 366-6530
Fax: (203) 933-8478
Web site: http://www.bilco.com