Floor / Vault / Sidewalk Doors - Special Application Doors
Odor Control Access Door
Type J-AL single leaf doors can be supplied with provisions for odor control by specifying Type J-AL-R. Doors are designed to contain odors and reduce the air leakage rate in odor emitting environments. Tested under a 1 (25.4mm) column of water, the Type J-AL-R door provides an air infiltration rate of less than 1 ft.3/min(.028m3.min) per lineal foot of cover perimeter.
Floor Access Door Model: Type JAL-R with odor control gasketing
Standard Features and Benefits
- Continuous EPDM gasket for odor resistance
- Standard Type 316 Stainless Steel Hardware
- Engineered with lift assistance for smooth, easy one-hand door operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arm locks the cover in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy-duty construction and positive latching mechanism help to prevent unauthorized access
- Exclusive 25-year warranty
- Available in a number of standard and special sizes to satisfy any requirement
- Material: Cover and frame are 1/4" (6 mm) aluminum
- Cover: Diamond-pattern tread plate reinforced for 300 psf (1464 kg/m²) live load
- Gasket: A continuous EPDM gasket affixed to the frame forms an odor-resistant barrier* around the entire perimeter of the cover. The gasket provides an air infiltration rate of less than 1 ft3/min(.028m3min) per lineal foot of cover perimeter when a pressure differential from a 1" (25mm) water column is applied across the cover.
- Frame: Extruded aluminum channel frame with bend down anchor tabs around the perimeter. A 1-1/2" (38mm) drain coupling is welded under the frame for a pipe connection to a dry well or disposal system
- Hinges: Heavy forged Type 316 stainless steel hinges with 1/4" (6 mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins
- Latch: Type 316 stainless steel slam lock with fixed interior handle and removable exterior turn/lift handle. Latch release is protected by a flush, gasketed, removable screw plug
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with release handle automatically locks cover(s) in the open position.
- Finish: Mill Finish aluminum with a bituminous coating applied to the exterior of the frame
- Hardware: Type 316 stainless steel throughout
*Note: The gasket is designed to limit the transmission of odors. It is not intended to protect against conditions which may in any way pose a threat to the health safety of people or animals or damage to equipment or property.
Transit System Emergency Evacuation Doors
Type JD and JD-AL emergency evacuation doors are designed to provide egress from underground rapid transit system platforms and tunnels in emergency situations. Doors are designed with stainless steel panic hardware and compression spring operators for ease of operation. Other important features include H-20 reinforcing, handrails, custom signage and a slip-resistant cover finish.
Type HLC - High Load Capacity
The Type HLC is specially designed for extreme loading conditions generated by vehicles such as large aircraft, heavy equipment and forklift trucks. Doors are constructed of steel and covers are reinforced for a 200 psi + 30% impact live load.
Type PCM - Precast Vault Door - 300 PSF
Type PCM & PDCM single and double leaf access doors (single leaf shown) incorporate several innovative features which reduce the amount of labor required to cast the door into a concrete vault. To simplify installion on a standard concrete vault form, doors are designed with a 6" (152mm) high frame (other frame depths available) and have no vertical projections below the frame. Doors are constructed of aluminum and feature a peel off covering to protect the door's finish during the pouring process.
P.O. Box 1203
New Haven, CT 06505
Tel: (203) 934-6363
Fax: (203) 933-8478
Web site: http://www.bilco.com