Strahman Line Blinds - 700 Series
Spreading Rotating Line Blind (700 Series)
This is the original design for a quick action Line Blind. Depending on the size, 3 to 7 Jack Bolts are being turned to spread the unit, and therefore spread the process pipe. This creates the space to rotate the spectacle plate. By turning the Jack Bolts to the closed position, the unit will seal again.
- No tools needed to operate
- Cryogenic options - Llyod’s register for use on LNG ships (Certificate no. 02/00070)
- Based on service conditions, operation frequency and line size, Strahman will recommend the required Line Blind design
- No tools needed for operation
- Cost-effective design
- Excellent for high pressure/extreme temperature applications
- Single person operation
Size range: 1/2" through 24" NPS
Pressure range: Class 150 through 1500; classes upto 2500 available upon request.
Blinds are a safety device and are not designed to be operated under pressure.
Strahman serves a wide variety of industries and process applications, and we understand there are needs for custom designs to fit in custom applications. If you don’t see your process or application contact us, and we would be happy to work with you on a custom design to meet your specific requirements.