Duracoustic S.T.O.P.™ Floor Impact Noise Reduction Underlayment
Floor Impact Noise Reduction Underlayment
- Cost Effective
- Reduces Impact & Airborne Floor Noise
- For Use with Variety of Floor Finishes
- Recycled Materials
Features & Benefits
- Greatly reduces impact sound; rubber is the best sound absorption material
- Increases IIC and STC ratings
- Does not compress and therefore holds its acoustical value over time
- Easy installation - will not slip or break down during installation
- Conceals minor subfloor irregularities
- Works extremely well over radiant heated floors
- Resists mold, mildew and fungus growth
- Made with 85% recycled tire rubber and is 100% recyclable
- Low VOCs
- Can contribute to LEED credits
Duracoustic soundproof underlayment offers a simple but very effective solution for creating soundproof flooring systems which meet stringent sound ratings in multiple-story dwellings, condominiums, hotels, apartments, private homes and business applications including old building conversions into condominiums.
Duracoustic is a soundproof underlayment made from 85% recycled rubber. This sound deadening floor underlayment is a reinforced rubber mat with an open cell structure which enhances its sound deadening properties making possible the installation of cost effective soundproof flooring.
The Duracoustic sound deadening floor underlayment system acts as a decoupler by breaking the sound transmission path through the floor-ceiling assembly and prevents noise flanking room to room. Testing on this soundproof underlayment has demonstrated outstanding sound attenuation with a variety of construction assemblies and floor coverings including ceramic tile, laminate, engineered, and soundproofing hardwood floors.
Sound deadening floor underlayment is made from open cellular rubber bonded to fiberglass/cellulose backing scrim.
Soundproofing floor mat conceals floor irregularities. Resists mold, mildew and fungus growth. Hardwood flooring underlay designed for high traffic, long lasting floor impact noise control.
Floor/ceiling applications requiring sound privacy. Apartments, condominiums, schools, offices, hospitals.
54″ × 24′ (108 sq. ft. per roll)
65lb roll (.6 lbs./sq.ft.)
ASTM E-648 Radiant Panel Class 1 (FF1-70 PASS)
DAA5 or Poly 300 Adhesive