Duracoustic S.T.O.P.™ Floor Impact Noise Reduction Underlayment
- Cost Effective
- Reduces Impact & Airborne Floor Noise
- For Use with Variety of Floor Finishes
- Recycled Materials
Features & Benefits
- Greatly reduces impact sound; rubber is the best sound absorption material
- Increases IIC and STC ratings
- Does not compress and therefore holds its acoustical value over time
- Easy installation will not slip or break down during installation
- Conceals minor subfloor irregularities
- Works extremely well over radiant heated floors
- Resists mold, mildew and fungus growth
- Made with 85% recycled tire rubber and is 100% recyclable
- Low VOCs
- Can contribute to LEED credits
Duracoustic sound control underlayment offers a simple but very effective solution for creating floor systems which meet stringent sound ratings in multiple-story dwellings, condominiums, hotels, apartments, private homes and business applications including old building conversions into condominiums.
Duracoustic is made from 85% recycled rubber. It is a reinforced rubber mat with an open cell structure which enhances its sound deadening properties making possible the installation of cost effective sound rated floors.
The Duracoustic underlayment system acts as a decoupler by breaking the sound transmission path through the floor-ceiling assembly and prevents noise flanking room to room. Testing has demonstrated outstanding sound attenuation with a variety of construction assemblies and floor coverings including ceramic tile, hardwood, laminate and engineered wood floors.
|Material||Open cellular rubber bonded to fiberglass/cellulose backing scrim.|
|Features||Conceals floor irregularities. Resists mold, mildew and fungus growth. Designed for high traffic,|
long lasting floor impact noise control.
|Applications||Floor/ceiling applications requiring sound privacy. Apartments, condominiums, schools, offices,|
|Size||54″ × 24' (108 sq. ft. per roll)|
|Weight||65lb roll (.6 lbs./sq.ft.)|
|Flammability||ASTM E-648 Radiant Panel Class 1 (FF1-70 PASS)|
|Installation||DAA5 or Poly 300 Adhesive|
|Airborne Sound Transmission Class (STC)|
over a 6″ Concrete
|Impact Insulation Class (IIC)|
over a 6″ Concrete
Acoustical Surfaces, Inc.
Soundproofing, Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control Specialists
We Identify and S.T.O.P. Your Noise Problems
123 Columbia Court North Suite 201
Chaska, MN 55318
Toll Free: (800) 470-6652 Noise Control Help Line
Tel: (952) 448-5300
Fax: (952) 448-2613
Web site: http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com