Wire Mesh Partitions - Heavy-Duty
All Wire Type No. 135
- Heavy-duty all wire type for extra heavy industrial use.
- 7 to 24 heights in 12 increments.
Designed to prevent the most extreme threats and ensure maximum security, these extra-tough wire mesh partitions by ACORN Wire and Iron Works are available with the strength of 6-gauge wire, providing greater security and protection in the most demanding environments.
ACORNs wire mesh product line includes both standard and custom panels, doors, service windows and corners designed to simplify partition arrangement in a variety of applications. Key uses include lockdown areas, conveyorized sorting stations, postal distribution centers, bonded warehouses and court buildings, as well as Homeland Security purposes. Manufactured from 100% carbon-neutral recycled steel, the product also qualifies for LEED points.
Components Nominal Sizes
All panels and door sections are interchangeable, standardized units which can be arranged in any desired combination. Special sizes and configurations made to order.
STANDARD PANELS: Standard sizes.
- 5 wide, 7 to 20 heights in 12 increments.
SLIDING DOOR SECTIONS: Standard sizes.
- 3, 4, 5 and 6 wide. 7 headroom except 6-6 in 7 high partition.
SERVICE WINDOW PANELS: Standard sizes.
- 24 x 15 standard service window (see page 3) in standard 5 wide panels.
HINGED DOOR SECTIONS: Standard sizes.
- 3, 3-6, and 4 wide. 7 headroom except 6-10 in 7 high partition.
FILLER PANELS: No standard sizes.
- Special width panel to secure runs where standard 5 wide panel cannot be used.
CORNERS AND INTERSECTIONS: Standard sizes.
- 1.75 angle for 90° corner, any height. Clips for three- or four-way 90° intersection, any height.
- 2 3/8 O.D. pipe post for other than 90° corner.
FLAT BAR POSTS: Standard sizes.
- 0.3125 x 1.75 for partitions 12 to148 high.
- 0.3125 x 2.5 for partitions 7 to 12 high.
- 0.3125 x 3 for partitions 19-8 to 23-8 high.
Partitions shall be no. 135 as manufactured by ACORN Wire and Iron Works.
- All wire heavy-duty type constructed of 6-gauge steel wire woven into 2 diamond mesh securely clinched into 1.5 x 0.75 channel frames
- Vertical frames to have 0.375 bolt holes 18 o.c.
- All joints mortised and tenoned
- Center reinforcing bar 1.5 x 0.75 channel tenoned to side frames
- All wires passed through center bar
- Flat bar posts to be (0.3125 x 2.5) (0.3125 x 3) (0.3125 x 3.5) (as detailed) with 0.375 bolt holes to match partition
- Top capping bar 3 x 4.1 lb. channel with 0.3125 U bolts 16 o.c. May be anchored to walls and or ceilings
- Corner posts 1.75 x 1.75 angles with 0.375 bolt holes to match partition
- Floor sockets 2.5 high with set screw adjustment
- Sliding door frames 1.5 x 0.75 channel with 1.5 x 0.125 flat bar cover all around. Each door to have two 4-wheel roller bearing hangers, box track, and bottom guide channel
- Hinged door frames 1.5 x 0.75 channel with 1.5 x 0.125 flat bar cover three sides, 1.75 x 0.875 x 0.125 angle bolted to lock side. Each door to have three 4.5 x 4.5 butt hinges bolted to both door and hinge bar
- All doors shall have substantial mortise type cylinder locks operated by key outside, recessed knob inside
- All bolts, hardware, and accessories for complete installation to be included
- Field bracing furnished by erector
- Finish: Standard dip dry enamel or electric static sprayed in standard factory colors. Specials orders can include powder coated, galvanized, galvanized and painted, color matched and metallic colors
- Specifications are subject to change. Please consult your ACORN sales rep or visit www.acornwire.com for more details.
Acorn Wire and Iron Works
2035 S. Racine Ave.
Chicago, IL 60608
Tel: (800) 552-2676
Fax: (888) 452-2676
Web site: http://www.acornwire.com