Wall-It Bicycle Parker
The Wall-It bicycle parking and security device is designed to be very compact and easy to install so bicycle parking and security may be readily located where it is convenient for bike riders.
The Wall-It is designed to secure a bicycle parallel to a wall (or next to a post) at a distance just far enough away so the handlebar does not quite touch the wall (1 foot). When not in use gravity pulls the arm of the Wall-It down against the wall so that Wall-It protrudes only 1.75 inches from the wall.
To park and secure a bike, the arm of the Wall-It is lifted to approximately a horizontal position and a bike lock or cable is slipped through the ring at the end of the arm and around the frame of the bike as well as through one of the wheels. Preferably the Wall-It is mounted so the arm pivot is 26 above the ground which is the best height for locking to most bike frames.
The base of the Wall-It is a flanged steel bracket with mounting holes in the rear for attachment to a wall (or post). The bracket flanges support the pivot housings on each side with the pivoting arm between them. A stainless steel spring pin, pressed through the pivot housings and the pivot end of the arm, joins the arm to the bracket. Durable nylon bushings allow the arm to pivot up and down smoothly. With a stainless steel axle and nylon bushings, the pivot is very strong and will never seize.
The ring on the end of the arm is oriented parallel to the wall in order to maintain a low profile.
Wall-It Bicycle Parker
Specifications & Technical Information:
Module Technical Specs:
- Height: 3"
- Width: 3"
- Depth: 1 3/4"
- Weight: 2.7 lbs
- Construction: Steel
- Mounting: Each module has 4 holes in plate
- Capacity: One bicycle per module
- Mount lower mounting holes centered 25" above floor or ground
- Mount upper mounting holes centered 27" above floor or ground
- Use touch-up paint specially formulated for powder coat finishes as necessary
- 3''x3'' Wall Mounting
- Sleek, simple, and compact
- Security arm provides locking point for stability/security - hangs neatly when not in use
- Clean precise lines - no visual clutter
- Bikes stand upright, no twisting or tiltin
- Design remains flat against wall and out of the way when not in use
- Add more modules as necessary
- Outdoor / indoor applications
- College and School Campuses
- Corporate and Commercial
- Multi- family / Residential
- Entryways and Porches
- Transportation Hubs and Parking Garages
- Bike Transport on Trains
- Compact shipping via UPS ground
- Standard lead time 4 - 6 weeks after
receipt of order (ARO).
- Standard finish powder coat black
- Three year replacement against manufacturer's defects under conditions of normal use.
- Anticipated product life 10 years.
Bike Solutions by Vermont Manufacturing Services, Inc.
123 Park Street
P.O. Box 6264
Rutland, VT 05702
Tel: (802) 775-7638
Fax: (802) 775-9746
Web site: https://www.vtbikesolutions.com