Double Glazed Custom Church Windows (300/400/500/600/700 Series)
The 300 series is the aluminum double glazed church window that has been the standard of the industry for over 40 years. It is specially designed to receive stained glass on the interior and protective glass on the exterior. This "Double Glazing" protects the stained glass from vandalism, while also insulating from the heat and cold and reducing outside noise infiltration. The insurance and fuel costs can be substantially lower as a result of the "Double Glazing."
- All frame and sash members are a full 2-1/2" deep.
- A minimum 3/4" air space between the art and protection glass without the aid of back putty to maximize the benefit of Double Glazing (anything less is a false economy).
- The channel that separates the glass is an integral part of the extrusion that also acts as a condensation gutter, and helps prevent theft, and air and water leakage.
- Either glass can be installed or replaced without disturbing the other. The exterior glass can be installed at time of erection to close up the building and the stained glass installed at a later date of the churches' own convenience or when the necessary funds are available. (Art glass can be an excellent fundraiser.)
- Ventilators are available as project-in, project-out and the standard horizontally center pivoted. (Center pivoted vents are recommended because the weight of the sash is evenly balanced for ease of operation and chain operation is a safe alternative to window poles.)
- All double glazed ventilators are of overlap design to minimize sitelines.
- The 300 series is interchangeable with and lines up with the 400 , 500, 600, and 700 series.
J. Sussman, Inc.
109-10 180th Street
Jamaica, NY 11433
Tel: (718) 297-0228
Fax: (718) 297-3090
Web site: http://www.jsussmaninc.com