STI Fire Pull Station Protective Covers
Protective Cover You Can Build Your Way
Unique device provides unmatched protection against false fire alarms and allows user to build the cover for their specific needs.
This dome shaped or low profile, indoor/outdoor polycarbonate cover protects devices such as dual action pull stations, keypads for entry systems, intercom stations, emergency buttons, electrical light switches, duplex plugs, etc., without restricting legitimate operation. The versatile cover offers excellent protection against physical damage (both accidental and intentional), dust and grime as well as severe environments inside and out (type rating pending). The cover, with or without horn, is available in dome or low profile, flush mount, surface mount or waterproof back box (pending) models. Maximum protrusion is 4 inches deep. Cover accommodates most dual action pull stations.
- Protects against vandalism, accidental damage, dust and grime and severe environments inside and outside (testing pending)
- Protects pull stations, keypads, intercom stations, emergency buttons, electrical light switches or duplex plugs
- Cover is molded from thick, tough polycarbonate material
- Dome or Low Profile cover options
- Flush frame, surface frame or waterproof (listing pending) mounting options
- Top and bottom of waterproof (listing pending) back box are threaded for 3/4" NPT rigid conduit
- Sized to fit most pull stations
- High strength continuous hinge
- Optional relay output with 12-24 VDC power input
- ADA Compliant
- Gaskets included
- Locking tab (not for use with fire pull stations)
- Models available with or without 105 dB horn
- Available with red, green, blue, yellow, white or black message hood/horn housing with custom or no label
- Available for red units "In Case of Fire..." label.
- UV-stabilized to keep cover clear
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C)
- No charge for custom label
- Three year guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components)
How It Works
Universal Stopper helps prevent false fire alarms without restricting legitimate alarms. It consists of a clear, tamperproof polycarbonate shield and frame that fits over manual pull stations. When lifted to gain access to the actual alarm, models with alarm will sound a piercing, self-contained, warning horn. Immediate attention is called to the area and a prankster will either run or be caught. The unit is offered in green, blue, yellow, white and black for use in covering an array of devices.
Where It Works
Universal Stopper is ideal for colleges, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, training centers, correctional facilities, hotels/motels, stores, libraries...public buildings of almost every kind where the threat of false fire alarms is great. Stronger than steel pound for pound, its almost unbreakable polycarbonate construction makes it suitable for abusive environments such as warehouses and correctional facilities.
How Well It Works
How well it works is evident by its loyal following throughout the security and fire prevention industries...as well as its intense owner loyalty.
Protective Cover for Fire Pull Stations
Unique device provides unmatched protection against false fire alarms from pranksters and vandalism.
Called Stopper II, this unique and patented cover has been helping stop false fire alarms without restricting legitimate alarms for over 30 years. Proven in virtually every kind of public building around the world, Stopper II can dramatically reduce or in some cases even eliminate false fire alarms. It is available in many different models...with or without warning horn...for flush or surface mounting...with remote power and relay output capability in red, blue, green or yellow.
- Proven effective for over 30 years in helping stop false fire alarms without restricting legitimate alarms
- Thousands of applications around the world
- Fits virtually all manual pull stations. Larger sizes and surface-mounted pull stations accommodated with STI-3100 Conduit Spacer
- Tested and accepted by fire prevention authorities and approved by testing organizations. UL/cUL Listed. ADA Compliant for operation
- Three year guarantee against breakage and damage of polycarbonate housing in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components.)
- Cover is UV-stabilized against sun deterioration
- Can be used as a guard against physical damage to a manual pull station...with or without a warning horn
- Weather-resistant gaskets available. UL requires stations to be listed for outdoor use with cover
- Power source is a 9 VDC alkaline battery on standard Stopper II. (Remote powered unit is available.)
- Red horn housing and conduit spacers may be ordered in yellow, blue or green with custom labeling
How It Works
Stopper II helps prevent false fire alarms without restricting legitimate alarms. It consists of a clear, tamperproof polycarbonate shield and frame that fits over manual pull stations. When lifted to gain access to the actual alarm, models with alarm sound a piercing, self contained, warning horn. Immediate attention is called to the area and a prankster will either run or be caught.
Where It Works
Stopper II is ideal for colleges, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, training centers, correctional facilities, hotels/motels, stores, libraries...public buildings of almost every kind where the threat of false fire alarms is great. Stronger than steel pound for pound, its almost unbreakable polycarbonate construction makes it suitable for abusive environments such as warehouses and correctional facilities. Stopper II fits virtually all manual pull stations...accommodating units up to 5 1/2 wide × 7 high × 2 3/4" deep. For deeper units, use the STI-3100 Conduit Spacer that adds 2" of depth.
How Well It Works
How well it works is evident by its loyal following throughout the security and fire prevention industries...as well as its intense owner loyalty. The Stopper II has become so effective that is has been deemed mandatory in some communities.
What Stopper II Users Say About It...
"Our 100 Stopper II's have eliminated all false fire alarms."
William J. Crosson, Health & Safety Coordinator
Wappingers Falls Central School District
Wappingers Falls, New York
"We have over 100 Stopper II units. They work well. The Stopper II prevents false fire alarms."
Stanley A. Green, Director of Housing
University of the Pacific
"Some problem patients would pull the alarm as they went by in a wheelchair. Some even walked by and pulled them. Our Stopper II units have eliminated this problem. WE WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT THEM!" Gladys S. Haymore, Assistant Business Manager
Masonic and Eastern Star Home of N.C., Inc.
Greensboro, North Carolina
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTERS
"We care for 200 children, ages one month to five years. Pulled false alarms were frequent, to the point where we were going to be charged for more. Hence, our installation of six Stopper II units. WE HAVE HAD NO FALSE FIRE ALARMS SINCE. That, and they are nice looking." Mary Ann Ranspach, Registered Nurse, Admin. Staff
Florence Fuller Child Development Center
Boca Raton, Florida
HOSPITALS & MEDICAL CENTERS
"We have over 50 Stopper II units and I can tell you...they work!"
Bill Vanden Heuud, Risk Manager
Pine Rest Christian Hospital
Grand Rapids, Michigan
HOTELS AND MOTELS
"Over the past four years, our guests have set off one of our ten Stopper II units a number of times. Without the Stopper, there would have been a false alarm each time...eight times at night."
K.A. Cormney, President
Campbell House Inn
"We installed Stopper II units in 1982, and have no problems with the units...or false alarms."
Steven Ling, Director
Lutz Children's Museum
"We had trouble with moisture and resulting false alarms. Not so, since we installed our Stopper II units."
Thomas De Brosse, Facilities Engineer
Plymouth Harbor Retirement Residence
"The Stopper II has decreased our false alarms greatly. Our units have been installed over two years and we haven't had any false alarms. Prior to installation, we averaged one a month. Our Stopper II units are used in state office buildings, district court and our multi-service center."
Allan E. Blackiston, Maintenance Supervisor
State of Maryland Department of General Services
Stopper II Accessories & Replacement Parts
These accessories can greatly extend the usefulness of the Stopper II device. Conduit spacers are available in red, green, blue, yellow and clear, a mounting backplate for use on irregular surfaces (recommended for weather applications), weather gaskets, a heater kit for operation in cold weather areas, a conduit gasket, a rigid conduit gasket, a 3/16" allen wrench, and a replacement horn complete with 9 VDC battery.
Also available for the spacer units are grills and louvers to help eliminate fogging inside the Stopper II in outdoor applications. The SUB315 grill (ships with all new Weather Stopper models and is required to meet NEMA 3R criteria) is recommended when a Stopper II cover is installed out-of-doors over a manual pull station or other device containing heat-generating electronics. In most cases, this is all that is needed to solve the problem of fogging.
For areas where condensation and fogging are more severe, the optional SUB316 vented louver kit may also be installed. The louvers are installed in addition to the grill kit to provide additional ventilation and drainage of any collected moisture.
Approvals for Stopper II
Stopper II has been tested and approved or listed by:
- Underwriters Laboratories and Canadian UL, No. 49G2
- Underwriters Laboratories of Canada Issue No. CS550. (STI 1100 & 1200 only)
- Factory Mutual No. OG6A2.AY (STI 1100 only)
- New York City Board of Standards No. 947-81-SA
- State of California (approval not required). Obtaining local Fire Marshal approval prior to installation in California is required
- ADA Compliant (UL Certified NO. S2466)
A.STI-3003 GASKET (1/2" CONDUIT); STI-3004 GASKET (3/4" CONDUIT AND STI-3104 spacer)
B.INSERT (2 PROVIDED)
C.STI-3100 CONDUIT SPACER (2") FOR SURFACE MOUNTING
H.STI-3002 WEATHER GASKET FOR WEATHER OPTION (USE TWO WITH SPACER)
I.STI-1280 BACKPLATE FOR IRREGULAR SURFACES
Dimensions of product:
J.3 in. (76mm)
K.4 in. (102mm)
L.5 in. (127mm)
M.5.5 in. (140mm)
N..75 in (19mm)
O.1.625 in. (41mm)
P.2.375 in. (60mm)
Q.2.75 in. (70mm)
R.2 in. (51mm)
Safety Technology International, Inc.
2306 Airport Rd.
Waterford, MI 48327
Tollfree: (800) 888-4784
Fax: (248) 673-1246
Web site: http://www.sti-usa.com/sw17