MBTechnology was founded in 1983. The company specializes in manufacturing SBS-modified asphalt (bitumen) roofing membranes for residential and commercial applications. The basic technology was developed in Europe and is one of the fastest-growing segments of both the commercial and residential roofing markets.
We at MBTechnology strive to continuously improve our products. We have pioneered major innovations in the field of modified asphalt, and this commitment to research and development will never cease. Perhaps this is the reason we have acquired an international reputation for experience and excellence.
MBTechnology is headquartered in Fresno, California. Our manufacturing facility is located in Fresno as well. Being located less than 500 miles from projects in California, Las Vegas, and Reno, Nevada, qualifies the company for Leed credit. The production facility occupies 64,000 sq. ft. of building on five acres of land.
MBTechnology Roofing Underlayment: layfast SBS®
The majority of the quality tile / shingle manufacturers offer 30 plus year warranties, but since the underlayment is the only moisture barrier used in the assembly, the system integrity will be compromised by employing an inferior quality underlayment. The traditional felt having a more limited life becomes a weak link in the tile /shingle system.
The addition of SBS rubber to asphalt gives layfast SBS® an elastomeric property, which is not available in common felt. Layfast SBS® also contains a higher percentage of asphalt for increased waterproofing protection. Its inorganic fiberglass reinforcement eliminates the rot and deterioration associated with saturated felt. Layfast SBS® exceeds the ASTM D226 standard for roofing underlayment and is ICC approved for use under tile, shingle, and metal roofs.
It also carries 10 / 20 year material warranty. For additional information regarding layfast SBS® and a brief motion graphic on its features, visit our website at: http://www.mbtechnology.com/m-layfast/.
Commercial Low Slope Solutions:
MBTechnology manufactures a full line of SBS Modified Bitumen Roofing systems.
- Flexibility of Application: We manufacture the widest variety of roofing systems, offering flexibility of hot, cold applied, self-adhesive, and heat-weld application.
- Warranty: From 10-25 years, covering labor and material.
- Cool Roof: To address the on-going demand for energy efficient roofing systems, MBTechnology has made available the Metalflex SBS membrane, featuring a white, reflective, aluminum surface.
- This unique foil-faced surface absorbs much less heat than does a conventional roofing system, thus resulting in a reduction of a buildings energy consumption. In most cases, this allows the building owner to use a smaller air-conditioning unit.
- Metalflex SBS Cool White 24 has reflectivity characteristics, which exceed the initial requirements set forth by the United States Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star® standard and by the Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential and Nonresidential Buildings, Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations. Metalflex SBS Cool White 24 reflects 75% of solar energy away from the roof surface.
- MBCare: Free Roof Maintenance & Inspection: A systematic roof inspection and maintenance program is essential to the satisfactory long-term performance of any roof. Who has the time and expertise to develop and run a professional quality roof inspection and maintenance program though? That's why theres MB Care, a complete range of complimentary roof services from MB Technology. The world's leader in styrenebutadiene-styrene (SBS) modified bitumen roofing-membrane systems. To learn more about Mcare, visit our website: http://www.mbtechnology.com/mbcare-free-roof-maintenance-program/
To our customers
While everyone at MBTechnology is a team player, the team is not complete without you, our valued customer. Our technical and marketing resources are always available. You are just a toll-free phone call away. We offer complimentary roof evaluation and assist with preparation of CSI formatted specification and CAD details.
188 South Teilman Avenue
Fresno, CA 93706
Tel: (559) 233-2181
Fax: (559) 233-4607
Tollfree: (800) 621-9281
Web site: http://www.mbtechnology.com