MicroLite!™ Interior Canopies, Awnings, Decorative Beams, Baffles and Custom Designs
This MicroLite!™ trellis is 18 feet wide and 85 feet long. KMDI fabricated the faux wood beams and in coordination with the designer included the 3Form panels in our scope. This created a complete kit of over 234 separate pieces yet this large trellis was completely assembled and installed in less than eight hours.
Toys R Us called on KMDI to fabricate this fanciful element for their flagship store in New York. Based on the Candyland game, this MicroLite!™ ribbon is about 65 lineal feet in length. The MicroLite!™ process allows KMDI to fabricate elements with twists and turns that traditional materials could not achieve. MicroLite!™ ‘s uncommonly smooth surface makes it the perfect base to apply paint as well as laminates, wood veneer, metals, wallpaper and much more.
KMDI fabricated this array of MicroLite!™ ceiling panels installed in a performing arts auditorium. The panels are 2 inches thick, 4’ wide and up to 12’ long, yet even the largest panel weighs less than 60 pounds. These panels are finished with an architectural film that resembles fine wood veneer.
For Helzberg Diamonds, MicroLite!™ is used to fabricate the awnings and the upper wall panels. Helzberg Diamonds and KMDI have created a roll out stocking program for the awnings and panels that improves delivery time, reduces installation time, and ultimately takes one full week out of the construction schedule. The awnings are painted to match the colors and the graphics specific to Helzberg Diamonds.
Designers will no longer be restricted by the limitations of traditional building materials and methods.
- Elements can be formed with virtually no limitation to shape or size.
- Elements can be finished with paint, wallpaper, wood veneer, laminates, metals-the choices are endless.
- MicroLite!™ offers extraordinary consistency and a furniture grade fit and finish to match the identity that you want to project.
- Retail décor and rollout programs benefit the most by using MicroLite. Brand standardization can be achieved because of the uniformity of MicroLite elements.
- LEED Support: Unlike traditional construction methods, MicroLite™ elements arrive on site completely finished, ready for installation and take hours, not days, to install.
- MicroLite!™ elements can even include all wiring and lighting components pre-installed to further compress the installation time.
Retrofits and remodels are perfect for MicroLite!™ elements as they can be installed with minimal intrusion to the business. Best of all, there is no construction mess to clean up.
For over 25 years, KMDI’s pre-fabricated, pre-finished MicroLite! architectural elements, signage and displays have transformed many of America’s most successful retail environments, restaurants, entertainment venues, financial institutions, airports, hotels and hospitals.
From prototypes to national rollout programs, the craftsmen and project management staff of KMDI have the decades of experience to shepherd your project from concept through completion, with guaranteed success, regardless of budget, complexity or how condensed the schedule might be.
Further details about how MicroLite! can help protect the earth, be resilient in high traffic areas and meet or exceed various fire ratings are available from a KMDI project development consultant.
Toll Free:(800) 474-5004
Web site: http://www.kmdi.net