Sta-Lok® Stainless Steel Rod Systems
Product Presentation: Stainless Steel Rod Assemblies Offer The Ultimate In Architectural Rigging
Feeney Inc is proud to be the exclusive distributor for Sta-Lok® stainless steel rod systems in the United States. Sta-Lok® , one of the world's leading manufacturers of high quality rigging products since 1973, offers a comprehensive range of stainless rods and fittings manufactured from the highest specification materials. Sta-Lok® rods assemblies are an attractive, high quality, high strength, low maintenance alternative to wire rope rigging systems and have the added benefit of being able to support loads in either tension or compression conditions. Rods can be used in a variety of structural and decorative applications from glass curtain wall and fabric canopy supports to guardrail balustrades and trellis infill grids.
All rods and fittings are manufactured from type 316 stainless steel and come in a satin finish. Items may be ordered individually or as part of a complete made-to-measure rod assembly, ready to install. To reduce order processing and shipping times and costs, all of our standard stainless steel rods are custom cut and threaded to Sta-Lok® rod specifications in our Feeney, Oakland, California facility. All of the fittings are manufactured in England by Sta-Lok® with most sizes kept in stock in our Feeney facility for fast order turnaround. Cold headed rod assemblies as well as other types and sizes of hardware components may also be available as a special order. Technical specialists are available to assist customers with design details and product selection.
Sta-Lok® Rod Systems Offer Versatility, Strength and Lasting Beauty.
- Tested & proven designs from Sta-Lok® , one of the worlds leading rigging manufacturer.
- Manufactured from the highest quality, weather-tough type 316 stainless steel.
- Attractive satin finish offers beautiful appearance with very low maintenance.
- Rods and fittings available in 1/4" to 1" diameter sizes to meet all design needs.
- Rigid elements are able to support loads in either tension or compression conditions.
- Tension Fork fittings with left-hand and right-hand threads offer easy length and tension adjustment without bulky turnbuckles.
- Cold headed rod assemblies are also available as a special order item.
- Technical specialists are available to answer questions and assist with assembly design.
- Components may be purchased separately or as complete, made-to-measure assemblies.
- Single rods are available up to 12-feet long and may be coupled together with special Rod Connectors to make extended lengths.
- Variety of decorative and structural uses: glass curtain wall supports, fabric canopy support and tension systems, roof tie rod and truss systems, bridge suspensions, structural bracing, modern sculpture supports, awning and fixture hangers, guardrail balustrades, trellises.
- Easy to order with most materials in stock and ready for fast turn-around and delivery.
- Toll free information and order phone, 1-800-888-2418.
Uses and Applications:
Some common applications for rod systems include the following:
- Glass wall support grids.
- Roof tie rod systems
- Fabric structure supports
- Tensioning systems
- Bridge suspensions
- Structural bracing
- Modern sculpture supports
- Awning and fixture hangers
- Façade and projected roof supports
- Guardrail balusters
- Trellis infill grids
Components and Parts:
Sta-Lok® rods and fittings may be ordered individually or as part of a complete made-to-measure rod assembly, ready to install. All rods and components come with a satin finish.
Stainless Steel Rods
To reduce order processing and shipping times and costs, all of our standard stainless steel rods are custom cut and threaded to Sta-Lok® rod specifications in our Feeney, Oakland, California facility. Rods are specially fabricated for each job and are available in lengths up to 12-feet and in diameters to suit UNF threads ¼" to 1". Rod Connectors are typically used for spans greater than 12-feet. Minimum breaking loads are based on the core diameter of the thread.
Standard Capacity Rods
Rod & Thread Diameter
Sta-Lok® Rod Connectors
With spans greater than 12-feet (4 meters), Rod Connectors must be used to link two rod sections together. The connectors are threaded left-hand one end and right-hand the other end to ensure that the rod assembly remains secure and does not unscrew during assembly tensioning. They are designed to develop the full load of the rods and are available in sizes to suit UNF threads 1/4" to 1".
Sta-Lok® Tension Forks
Tension Forks are available with left and right-hand UNF threads ¼" to 1". Each fork comes with a conical nut and double headed clevis pin. The combination of a left-hand Tension Fork on one end of a rod assembly with a right-hand Tension Fork on the other end provides the most symmetrical design and economical method of tensioning rod-rigging systems.
* Item Number
Thread Size, Pin Diameter & Inside Fork Width
Minimum Breaking Strength
* Item numbers reference "L" for left hand thread and "R" for right hand thread.
Sta-Lok® Isolation Washers and Sleeves
Sta-Lok® also offers a wide selection of Isolation Washers and Sleeves. These parts are used to eliminate direct contact of dissimilar metals thereby minimizing the possibility of electrolysis when attaching Tension Forks to structural members, eyelets or eyebolts. Isolation Washers are made from nylon and Isolation Sleeves are made from glass filled nylon for extra high compression strength and durability. All washers and sleeves are special order items.
Sta-Lok® Complete Tension Fork Rod Assemblies
In addition to offering individual rods and components, we also offer complete rod assemblies made to your exact lengths, ready to install. Assemblies come with a left-hand Tension Fork on one end and a right-hand Tension Fork on the other affording easy adjustment and tensioning without the need of bulky in-line turnbuckles. Simply spin the rod to adjust length. Wrench flats are machined onto each rod so that wrenches can grip without scratching the finish. Assemblies are manufactured to your exact lengths with the Tension Forks set in the mid-adjustment position allowing maximum open and close adjustment without any exposed threads. See chart below for +/- adjustment for each rod size.
Tension Fork Assemblies are manufactured from standard capacity type 316 stainless steel with a satin finish and are available in 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" & 1" diameters. Each assembly includes a rod, left and right-hand Tension Fork end fittings with Conical Nuts and Double Headed Clevis Pins and Rod Connectors (if needed). Rod Connectors are used for all assemblies over 12-feet long. Assemblies are shipped assembled with Tef-Gel anti-seize on the threads.
Assemblies are measured from center pin to center pin with the Tension Forks set in the mid-adjustment position. The chart indicates the available plus/minus adjustment range for each rod size. Assemblies are designed so that no threads will ever be exposed if adjustment is kept within the noted ranges.
Sta-Lok® Standard Tension Rod Assembly Adjustment Ranges
Adjustment Each End
Adjustment Total Assembly
Assembly and Installation:
Sta-Lok® rod assembly installation only requires a few easy steps:
- In your supporting structure or framework, drill holes or install eyebolts for attaching the rods. Be sure the material thickness, hole diameter and hole position allow the fork clevis pin and fork end opening (width and depth) to fit properly.
- Measure the overall length between the bearing edges of the attachment holes or eyelets.
- Order the assemblies based on the measurements from step 2.
- Loosely mount the fork ends to each hole or eyelet using the removable clevis pins. If necessary, spin both forks equally to adjust length for initial fit.
- Adjust final length and tension by turning the rod with a wrench applied to the machined flats.
Materials & Finishes:
All Sta-Lok® rods, coupling nuts and tension forks are manufactured from high-quality, type 316 stainless steel and come in a satin finish for weather-tough durability and lasting beauty.
The Feeney sales/support staff is available M-F, 5am-5pm (Pacific) to answer product, design and technical questions. Call toll-free 1-800-888-2418 or email email@example.com.
Feeney Inc (Sta-Lok® ) warrants that all Sta-Lok® stainless steel rods and connectors shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use, conditions, installation and maintenance in accordance with product specifications for two (2) years from date of purchase. The complete text of this warranty is available on our website,www.stalokrods.com.
Environmental Data: Sta-Lok® rod assemblies are environmentally friendly.
- Stainless steel parts are completely recyclable (LEED points).
- Long lasting, weather-tough materials and finishes require very little maintenance: no need for stains, paints, varnishes or preservatives that may use toxic chemicals.
- Rods can be used to design custom energy saving trellis and landscape shading systems (LEED points).
Availability & Cost:
Availability: to reduce order processing and shipping times and costs, all of our stainless steel rods are custom cut and threaded to Sta-Lok® rod specifications in our Feeney, Oakland, California facility. All of the fittings are manufactured in England by Sta-Lok® with most sizes kept in stock in our Feeney facility for fast order turnaround. Orders for individual stocked components are usually processed, packaged and ready to ship within 3-5 working days after receipt of order; custom rods and complete assemblies ship within 3-5 weeks depending on size of order. Orders are boxed or palletized and shipped by common truck carrier, freight collect.
Cost : Rods and rod assemblies are quoted on per project basis. Please contact our sales department by calling toll-free at 1-800-888-2418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Order Sta-Lok® Rod Components And Assemblies
- Carefully Review: read all of the information provided in our catalog or on our website www.stalokrods.com. If you have questions, please call our sales department for assistance, 1-800/888-2418.
- Select Fittings & Sizes: select the diameter of rod and type of fittings needed for your project application.
- Measure Lengths: calculate the center pin to center pin lengths for each of your assemblies.
- Determine Quantities: count the number of items or assemblies you'll need.
- Check Accessories: note any isolation sleeves, washers or connectors you may require.
- Confirm Details & Prices: all projects are unique, so give us a call, 1-800/888-2418, and we will help work-up and confirm a final list of all the parts and pieces you'll need and give you a price quote and delivery time estimate.
- Place Your Order: please call, fax or e-mail us your final list for order processing. Standard orders ship via common truck carrier, freight collect. Phone 1-800/888-2418, fax 1-510/893-9484, e-mail email@example.com
The protective chromium oxide film that forms on the surface of stainless steel gives it superior corrosion resistance. Properly maintained, stainless steel provides excellent luster, strength and durability. In most applications stainless steel will not rust or stain even after many years of service, butstainless steel is not rust or stain proof When stainless comes in contact with chloride salts, sulfides or other rusting metals, it may discolor or even rust and corrode. With proper maintenance, however, stainless steel can remain beautiful and functional for years to come, even when its exposed to harsh environments such as ocean air, polluted surroundings and salted highways.
- Clean stainless frequently with soap and water. Any cleaner safe for glass is usually safe for stainless. Never use mineral acids or bleaches.
- Never leave stainless in contact with iron, steel or other metals. This can cause rust spots or corrosion.
- Always remove stains or rust spots as soon as possible with a brass, silver, stainless or chrome cleaner. Irreversible pitting will develop under rust spots that remain on stainless for an extended period of time.
- Never use coarse abrasives like sandpaper or steel wool on stainless. Use synthetic Scotch type pads instead.
- Frequently inspect the assemblies for proper tension, and re-tension as necessary. This is important.
2603 Union Street
Oakland, CA 94607-2423
Toll Free: (800) 888-2418
Tel: (510) 893-9473
Fax: (510) 893-9484
Feeney Northwest LLC
1299 Ocean Street
Eugene, OR 97402
Toll Free: (888) 458-0624
Tel: (541) 683-8122
Fax: (541) 431-4518
Feeney Southwest Inc.
7950 Silverton Ave #114
San Diego, CA 92126
Tel: (858) 578-6773
Fax: (858) 578-6772