TruColor Pre-Mixed Grout PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Bostik TruColor Pre-Mixed Grout is a patented, waterbased, urethane grout offering the ultimate in color accuracy, stain protection and crack resistance for residential and commercial tile installations. This breakthrough formulation installs up to 50% faster than traditional grouts, and never needs to be sealed. Its perfect balance of flexibility and toughness enables it to exhibit unmatched performance and crack resistance. TruColor exceeds the grout-relevant portion of the ANSI 118.3 epoxy standard (modified ANSI 118.3-UG).
TruColor's quartz aggregate is color coated to ensure perfect color consistency every time; unlike other grouts that contain loose color pigments which can cause staining or be washed away.
TruColor contains Bostik's Blockade antimicrobial protection, which inhibits the growth of bacteria, mold, or mildew on the surface of the dried grout and enables it to resist stains caused by mold.
TruColor is a technology engineered to appeal to today's green-conscience marketplace, specifically those seeking to obtain U.S. Green Building Council LEED® certification for their projects. Its unique combination of features and benefits produces one-of-a-kind specification potential for architects and designers worldwide. PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Perfect color every timecolor is derived from colored quartz aggregate. No powdered pigment additives.
- No color fading, streaking or shadingeven when wet!
- Crack resistant flexibility
- No sealing required ever!
- Pre-mixed and ready to use
- Chemical and stain resistant
- Fast, easy installationinstalls up to 50% faster than other grouts
- Re-usable (when stored properly in original container)
- UV stable Colors will not yellow, darken or fade
- Blockade antimicrobial protection
- Dust-free mixing
- 3 hour working time
- Easy water clean up
- Non-sag formula ideal for vertical surfaces
- Contributes to USGBC LEED® Credits: MR 4.1 & 4.2 (Recycled Content), and EQ 4.1 (Low-Emitting Materials).
TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
|Vertical Joint Sag||Pass|
|Installation Temperature||40°F 100°F|
|Shelf Life||up to 2 years|
|Compressive Strength||3,500 psi*|
|Tensile Strength||510 psi|
|VOC Content||35 g/L (as calculated by SCAQMD Rule#1168)|
|*Test results were performed in an actual grout joint.|
TYPICAL WORKING PROPERTIES
|Working Time||3 hours|
|Tack Free Time||8 hours|
|Ready for Light Foot Traffic||24 hours|
|Ready for Heavy Foot Traffic||72 hours|
|Stain Resistant||72 hours*|
|Showers, steam showers, outdoors||7 days|
|*Wait 7 days before cleaning tile and grout surface|
Bostik TruColor Grout can be used in grout joint widths from 1/16" to 1/2" on vertical or horizontal surfaces in both interior and exterior installations of ceramic, porcelain, glass and natural stone tiles. DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Read and understand Technical Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheet completely before beginning installation. Follow applicable ANSI, TCNA and NTCA installation standards. Always do a test area to ensure product satisfaction, including adhesion to substrate, and/or to become familiar with proper application techniques prior to use. SURFACE PREPARATION
Ensure tile is firmly set and mortar is completely dry (typically 8 to 12 hoursalways follow manufacturer's instructions) before grouting. Remove all spacers, water, debris and adhesive from tile joints. For best results, surface of tile should be at room temperature (70°F to 75°F). Urethane materials are affected by temperature and humidity variations. Cool temperatures and/or high humidity will slow cure time. To facilitate cleaning, pre-seal all porous tile and natural stone with a water-based sealer before grouting; ensure that sides of tiles are sealed as well. For glass tile, polished marble, stone and other soft surfaces, test grout on a small area to ensure compatibility and scratch-free application. Make sure tile and grout joints are clean and free from solvents/residues before grouting. MIXING
DO NOT add any water, liquid, or other material to TruColor Grout! This will cause grout failure and void all warranties. A translucent, milky, liquid may be present on the surface of the grout upon opening the container. This is from normal settling during shipment. Use a margin trowel or a drill mixer on low or medium speed for no more than 30 seconds to bring grout into suspension. Mix thoroughly with a margin trowel throughout use of the grout. APPLICATION
Do not apply or clean-up this product like traditional cement or epoxy-based grouts; TruColor is a new technology that requires a simpler and easier application and clean-up process. Spread grout over the face of the tile using a green, sharp-edged, firm rubber (epoxy/urethane) grout float. Work grout back and forth at a 45° angle to the face of the tile to ensure complete filing of the joints.
Spread only within an area that you can reach (typically 10-12 square feet) to apply and clean TruColor grout at any one time. Remove all excess grout by holding the rubber float at a 90° angle, working diagonally across the face of the tile to prevent grout removal from joints.
Initial Cleaning: Immediately clean the surface of the tile to remove excess grout and haze using a damp sponge (not wet, wrung nearly dry). Do not attempt to re-clean any urethane haze from the surface of the tile after initial cleaning. Leave the sponge completely flat on the surface of the tile to prevent grout removal from the joints.
To speed up installation, or for quarry and other porous tile and/or outdoor applications, pre-wet tile surface using a damp, clean sponge prior to spreading grout, being careful not to leave standing water on the surface of the tile or in the grout joints. CLEANUP
For best results, remove grout haze as you work, particularly in warm or dry climates. If working alone, only grout as far as you can reach (10-12 square foot area) before doing the initial cleaning. If working as a team, one person should grout, with the other cleaning immediately behind the first person.
Initial Cleaning: Clean/rinse sponge in water and wring nearly dry. During installation, urethane grout requires very little water to clean; adding water during cleanup will dilute the urethane binder and cause curing issues.
Clean surface of the tile with a flat sponge being sure to clean all excess grout and haze. Wipe up spilled water immediately; do not allow it to sit on grout surface or in ungrouted joints.
Change water mixture after each 100 square feet, for each new bucket of grout, or when dirty. Check work as you clean. Repair any low spots with additional grout. Unlike other grouts, DO NOT over wash too vigorously. Allow cleaned areas to dry and inspect tile/stone surface. Do not attempt to re-clean any urethane haze from the surface of the tile after initial cleaning. If a second cleaning is necessary, wait 24 hours and then repeat the cleaning process using a white, damp Doodlebug pad to remove any remaining urethane haze. See Limitations below for further haze removal instructions. Contact Bostik Technical Service if persistent haze remains after cleaning. LIMITATIONS
- Do not apply or clean-up this product like traditional cement based or epoxy grouts; TruColor is a new technology that requires a simpler and easier application and clean-up process.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions for all other setting materials, waterproofing, anti-fracture membranes, etc., used on the job.
- Minimum recommended grout joint width is 1/16".
- Maximum recommended grout joint width is 1/2".
- Ensure that grout joints are fully packed, especially in tight and irregular joints. Take special care in all wet and outdoor applications.
- Do not use as a setting mortar.
- Not for use in heavy industrial applications (i.e., chemical plants), in areas subjected to harsh or persistent chemicals, or areas exposed to very aggressive cleaning routines such as pressure washing. Bostik EzPoxy 100% Solids Grout and Mortar is recommended for these ultra-aggressive environments.
- Bostik TruColor Grout is not a replacement for a waterproofing membrane. When a waterproofing system solution is required, please consult Bostik Technical Service.
- Protect grout from stains and chemicals during the cure process.
- Do not grout when tile surface is above 85°F.
- Do not use vinegar or acid solutions for clean up.
- If correct installation procedures were not followed and a difficult to remove haze is present, wait 72-hours after grout installation and clean with a citrus cleaner or Krud Kutter® brand cleaner using a Doodle Bug pad that has been wrung nearly dry.
- Always use protective clothing (gloves and eye protection) when working with grout.
- Prior to regrouting applications, remove 1/8" of old grout and remove any surface contaminants. Be sure to rinse any residual solvent off grout joints, then allow joints to completely dry before re-grouting.
- Do not use for commercial re-grouting or wet environment re-grouting installations, including showers, steam showers, and outdoor applications.
- Seal porous tile surfaces with a water-based sealer, including the sides of the stone, prior to grouting with TruColor grout.
- Outdoor installations must be protected from moisture for 3 days.
- Shower/steam shower/wet area installations must be protected from moisture and allowed to cure for 7 days.
- Wait 7 days before cleaning tile and grout surface.
- Wait 7 days prior to exposing grout to full submersion.
- Use care on soft, highly polished surfaces to avoid scratching. Test a small area. Use of a sealer is always recommended on polished marble, stone, slate and other natural, porous tiles.
- Use an approved waterproof sealer or membrane over mud bed applications. Follow manufacturers' recommendations for all waterproofing materials. For liquid-applied waterproofing materials (such as Bostik's Hydroment® UltraSet Advanced, Hydroment Gold, Durabond® D-222 and Hydroment Black-Top ), apply to within 1" of any drains to prevent weep hole blockage. The use of pre-sloped, waterproof trays (instead of mud beds) is highly recommended.
- Use of enzymatic floor cleaners will void all warranties.
INSTALLATION SYSTEM WARRANTY: To obtain a Bostik System Warranty, TruColor Grout must be used with Bostik branded (Hydroment or Durabond) installation products. Please refer to specific ceramic tile installation warranty literature for duration and details.
GROUT ONLY WARRANTY: Bostik, Inc. warrants that TruColor Grout will be free from manufacturing defects and will not break down or deteriorate under normal usage for a period of 2 years (commercial) and 10 years (residential original buyer/non-transferable) when applied according to directions and industry standard guidelines. PACKAGING
Bostik TruColor Pre-Mixed Grout is available in 20 popular colors in both 18-lb. and 9-lb. pails. STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Bostik TruColor Pre-Mixed Grout is guaranteed to remain suitable for use up to a period of two (2) years if stored unopened at temperatures above 32°F (0°C). After opening, TruColor can be saved for reuse if properly resealed in original container (always wipe the pail lip clean prior to resealing to ensure proper seal is achieved with the Vapor Lock lid). If product freezes, return to room temperature and use as directed. PLANT LOCATIONS
Temecula, CA 92590 LIMITED WARRANTY
Conyers, GA 30094
Paulsboro, NJ 08066
Bostik, Inc. warrants that the product conforms with Bostik's written specifications and is free from manufacturing defects. A PURCHASER'S SOLE REMEDY FOR NONCOMPLIANCE WITH THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE. Purchasers may address their warranty claims to Bostik, Inc., 211 Boston St., Middleton, MA 01949, Attn: Customer Service or call Bostik at 1-888-592-8558. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, BOSTIK DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
211 Boston Street
Middelton, MA 01949
Tel: (978) 777-0100
Tollfree: (800) 726-7845
Technical Services: (800) 523-6530
Web site: http://www.bostik-us.com